Pandora Mass Storage

paddy

Website
Visit site
Hi ,i just wanted to know how to use the mass storage option on the pandora - does it mean when i have my pandora connected to my windows pc via the mini usb socket i can access the sd card on the pandora from the pc.

Windows still asks for a usb driver when i have the pandora plugged into my desktop but i have already looked into the error it gives and it looks like there is no such driver for windows ,i recall reading that it would be very hard to write a driver from an arm device to work on windows (could be wrong).

Anyway it is very much needed and should have been a standard function on the pandora so when can we expect this type of functionality to work.

Have you installed the beta of Hotfix 3 yet? Some folks have reported success with this function with it, because it's the update that adds the feature. (The hotfix is still a beta, though, so you may want to wait until it's officially released, just in case of possible unintended bugs or whatever else. :p )

If you've already applied it, I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest, because I'm waiting for the non-beta release myself. :(

EvilDragon said:
[...]
* New: Added Mass Storage mode via Mini-USB (can be enabled in the System-Menu)
[...]
Here is the download: HotFix 3 BETA

Be sure to remove any previous HotFix-Package from your SD Card - otherwise, the new one will not show up in the menu!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already installed the hotfix and this is why i am asking guys ,i have tried to enable usb mass storage but it tells me it's already enabled but when i hook up to the desktop it asks for a usb driver for windows.

^ You should document your findings in that Hotfix betatesting thread and give as many details as possible. For example what Windows version, etc. Also this only works over OTG and not the full size port.

paddy said:
I have already installed the hotfix and this is why i am asking guys ,i have tried to enable usb mass storage but it tells me it's already enabled but when i hook up to the desktop it asks for a usb driver for windows.

it wroked for me.

installed hotfix 3
select the enable from the menu and it asks me which card i want to enable
i select the card and it sats it will stay in storage mode until i click "ok".

Last edited by a moderator:
yep m8 i rebooted after installing but i have found the problem to be the hotfix3 ,i reinstalled it and now mass storage is working.

Back