Mass Storage Device Drivers

Steve-O

hhmmm Im Running Windows XP Pro... And Ive just reformatted my PC, but for some reason this time It Wont let me Install USB Mass Storage Devices (Eg THe GP32 Mass Storage device, Digital Cameras etc)

Im on XP

It says "The File USBSTOR.SYS on windows driver cabinet is needed"

Whats wrong???? Its also happening for my USB Printers, its not letting me install them cos it says File missing in Windows Driver Cabinet...

What can I do??

Thanks

"The File USBSTOR.SYS on windows driver cabinet is needed"

Why don't you just point it to the file...

It is going to be on the Windows XP disk.

Hmmm, I have XP Home, and didn't need to install any drivers for my card reader...

TelcoLou posted on Mar 15 2004 at 09:12 AM said:
Hmmm, I have XP Home, and didn't need to install any drivers for my card reader...
I didnt have to on the last installation of XP Pro that I was running, but now it says they are missing after re formatting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help me with this problem.... Its killing me having to use PCLink... ARRRR 5 mins to transfer a little file...

i hope you are exagerating when you say 5 mins for a "small" file. pc link wprks good on my pc. and the usbstor.sys would be the driver on the devices driver disc that should have came with it. there is a site online some where that has drivers for nearly anything, i dont remember what it is but a wuick google search should help you find it.

before i got my new computer i had to use USB1 and that took about 1hour to transfer 20mb it was really annoying, now it only takes 10minutes or something like that...

Evil_Cartman posted on Mar 16 2004 at 02:35 PM said:
if it requests the file then point it to C:\Windows\system32

if that doesnt work try the subdirs in system32
will try that.... Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Its fixed now... I went onto the other computer thats on my LAN and copied the Driver.cab from that computer thats also running XP into my C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 folder and it works perfectly...

Thanks

Back