Mass Storage Mode not Working

Ian J

Advanced Member
I currently run HF7b1 but briefly tried the latest Super Zaxxon beta.

This is the 1st time in quite a while I have tried to access the SD cards by plugging my Pandora into my PC and mass storage isn't working whereas it ran fine when I last tried it.

Anything I can try to resolve this?

Many thanks

Ian

What did you do, what did you expect to happen, and what did you actually get? Specific error messages where available would be useful, thank you.

Is there a "pndrun_op_storage.out" file in the "tmp" folder when you run it ? If so, open it with mousepad and post the content here

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you do, what did you expect to happen, and what did you actually get? Specific error messages where available would be useful, thank you.

I turned on Mass Storage in the Pandora menu, selected which SD slot I wanted to access and then waited for the screen to show that the card was in mass storage mode, I then plugged my USB cable into the mini USB socket and waited for the drive to appear on my PC but nothing happened.

Is there a "pndrun_op_storage.out" file in the "tmp" folder when you run it ? If so, open it with mousepad and post the content here

I'm away from the Pandora at the moment but will upload the details when I try it again.

What os do you use on your pc? I have this error on windows and linux sometimes.

On Linux: Restart the USB system.

On Windows: Reboot windows and then plug it in again.

If this doesn't help... Then I have no clue ;)

=======================================================================================

PND : /usr/pandora/apps/op_storage.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : //pandora/appdata/op_storage

APPDD_FSTYPE : rootfs ubifs

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : op_storage.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/op_storage"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="//pandora/appdata/op_storage=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/op_storage=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/op_storage"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (op_storage.sh ) ----------

Found g_cdc - removing...

Looks all good. I still think its a problem with your pc detecting the device. Could also be a bad usbcable.

Looks all good. I still think its a problem with your pc detecting the device. Could also be a bad usbcable.
I've tried the one I use for my MP3 player which is permanently plugged in and the one that came with my IcontrolPad on both of the front ports, I'll restart the PC but it will have to wait a while as it's in the middle of some file conversions.

Ok, I'm not entirely certain if this will help, but if you bring up the control panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, and choose the Disk Management item, you should be able to see all your drives, including the Pandora.

If you check System->Hardware tab->Device Manager, there should be... USB something, maybe? I don't have access to my Windows box right now, otherwise I'd be able to tell you exactly. Someone else might have more details.

Ive found the only way to access my sd cards through the pandora is to use a usb 1.1 cable 2 doesnt register the pandora should be switched off and open plug the usb cable into the pc then plug it into the pandora the pandora will automatically switch on go to system/sd mass storage select your card and it works(no other way ) ie if the pandora is switched on when you plug the mini usb in it wont register.

Just had a chance to try again and it's working again so could have been the PC's fault.

I was just sweating it a bit because I haven't tried mass storage mode in quite a while and had tried the beta firmware in-between.

The Mini USB port crashed for me one time and didn't start working again until I completely removed the battery (power off didn't work).

Maybe it was the same for you?

I had to remove the battery after re-flashing back to hf7 beta 1 as the pandora kept freezing when overclocking. Just one of those things, I'm just not linux savvy enough to stick with the latest HF even though I like the sound of the new features, losing the use of my wifi I dongle made me go back to what I knew.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

No reason to go back to HF7, as your stick would've worked if you simply booted the old kernel with the latest Beta OS.

Back