Pandora is WAY overpriced????

- faulty WiFi

Works fine on both mine.. stream netflix, AVI files from my samba server with no issues, VNC.. download speed seems decent.
- resistive touchscreen
This is a bonus not a negative.
-no TV out option
Funny I use my TV out cable all the time on mine. 
- laggy browsing
Firefox 18 seems pretty good to me.. Also the Browsers with in android works fine.
- 3G connectivity
Tethered with my phone I have 3G

sure I have a first batch and one of the first rebirth Pandoras in the faulty black case.. but this has been resolved.

And yes it's worth the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
- faulty WiFi

Works fine on both mine.. stream netflix, AVI files from my samba server with no issues, VNC.. download speed seems decent.

- resistive touchscreen

This is a bonus not a negative.

-no TV out option

Funny I use my TV out cable all the time on mine. 

- laggy browsing

Firefox 18 seems pretty good to me.. Also the Browsers with in android works fine.

- 3G connectivity

Tethered with my phone I have 3G

sure I have a first batch and one of the first rebirth Pandoras in the faulty black case.. but this has been resolved.

And yes it's worth the price.

Please, place a internet browsing demo over WiFi/3G/Whatever in youtube, and compare it to a  samsung glaxy S3.

No I am not, but I am looking forward to buy myself one, bard new for a 300 Euros (with new contract of course ) ...

Also I wanna see full speed Megamen X and X2, Starfox and NFS4, emulation... My T510 for the same price (2 years ago) do that flawlessly. 

Well have fun with it, I wasn't aware of a handheld T510.

Trashy, stop feeding the troll. Comes in with a faulty understanding of both "Fair Trade" and the very purpose of the Pandora project and then gets high-and-mighty over those blatant misunderstandings. Shouldn't even have been worth your time to correct him the first time.

First of all, Pandora quality/usability is not even near to a Latitude.

Second of all, these mobile workstations/high end business laptop are future proof for at least next 5 years.

And third of all,they are at almost the same price in US.

As i said before, I hate to say it, but you want me to spend half of my salary for a device with cheap quality (faulty WiFi and chassis), resistive touchscreen,no TV out option, laggy browsing, no 3G connectivity in 2013 and call it a fair price ?

Sorry but i will pass. Probably I will get it second hand or something but there is no way that I can pay 500+ Euros for it.

So yes, Pandora is Overpriced.

Best regards.
Your opinion.  You're entitled to be wrong.

And, by the way, MY Pandy has TV-Out.  You just need to make a cable.

No I am not, but I am looking forward to buy myself one, bard new for a 300 Euros (with new contract of course ) ...

Also I wanna see full speed Megamen X and X2, Starfox and NFS4, emulation... My T510 for the same price (2 years ago) do that flawlessly. 
Just so long as you know HOW they make your desired device so cheap.

And on that note, I'm done feeding the troll, too.

I am not a troll, but it is overpriced as hell.

as i told you I will look forward to get myself a used one or something.

I am not a troll, but it is overpriced as hell.
You came to a specific board for a particular product and told that board in no uncertain terms that you think the product that they are passionate about is overpriced and implied that we are foolish for buying into it. Either you did this because you wanted to get an emotional response (ie, trolling) or you actually have no idea what you're talking about (ie, ignorant)So which is it? Are you a troll that specifically came here to try and rile people up, or are you ignorant of several things about the project and want to ask some questions so you can learn from the mistakes of the past?

Can't be both, trolls never want to learn anything. Most of the time they actually already know, they just don't care: "teh lulz" are more important than actually coming off as a human being with a useful contribution to society.

I don't want to offend anybody, but the topic is "Pandora is WAY overpriced????"

And my opinion is "Yes, Pandora is Way overpriced" 

I know it is a great device and all of her story and features but for me (and only me) it is Overpriced.

I do not want to troll/offend/abuse anybody. 

I think the issue here is actually just a matter or wording.

For instance, he should rather say - The Pandora is out of my price range.

For the circumstances surrounding it - the Pandora is pretty much priced perfectly.

Edit: For clarification - Expensive does not equate to Overpriced.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in saying that something is waaay too expensive for you.

However, to say something is overpriced because it is too expensive for you is ridiculous.

Back