Pandora girl

saejinoh said:
something19_by_saejinoh.jpg
Awesome coloring job :D Are you pretty happy with her design, or are you still playing around? The only thing I really miss from the older sketches is the blockier looking gauntlets, but it is only a minor complaint :) Thanks for sharing this stuff, it's great!

By cartoon he means cartoon. anime isnt the japanese word for cartoon

i like the drawing, I do, but i still don't see how it represents the pandora.

PoisonedV said:

I like the Panda. The console is gonna be referred to as a "Panda" (indeed, on some forums I frequent, it already is) and let's face it, an angry Panda is way better than some crappy anime styled "I wanna be japanese" fanboyish girlie :p

If we have to have a mascot, I'd rather it wasn't something fanboyish. Here's a thought: How about a non-anthropomorphic mascot? Say, a box-like affair made of lines? That doesn't actually have any sort of personality at all?

Just a thought :)

D.

Dunny said:
PoisonedV said:

I like the Panda. The console is gonna be referred to as a "Panda" (indeed, on some forums I frequent, it already is) and let's face it, an angry Panda is way better than some crappy anime styled "I wanna be japanese" fanboyish girlie :p

If we have to have a mascot, I'd rather it wasn't something fanboyish. Here's a thought: How about a non-anthropomorphic mascot? Say, a box-like affair made of lines? That doesn't actually have any sort of personality at all?

D.
its not a fanboy thing, its MEEEEM! every console HAS to have one, meeeemes are sooooo great
<_<

sinoth said:
Are you pretty happy with her design, or are you still playing around?

dunno. i'm just fooling around between work so basically i'm playing around with lots of elements here and there as well as the overall style.

she doesn't quite look anything like pandora though. although, pandora console by itself is pretty generic looking machine. it's pretty much just 2 black plastic blocks hinged together.

PoisonedV said:
its not a fanboy thing, its MEEEEM! every console HAS to have one, meeeemes are sooooo great
<_<
Let me put it this way: if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Like for example: every console has to have Doom on it. Are you gonna hate on people wanting to port Doom on every console?

Likewise, you shouldn't hate on people who are making things because they like to.

PoisonedV said:
i learned never to assume anything, many times has someone i am talking to used the wrong terms...
PoisonedV said:
its a personification like all Tan's are, should be self explanatory...

Dunny said:
PoisonedV said:

D.
i suggest that we implement this feature here...quickly...

now im off to find some aspirin...

Back