Release Pandora-Exult: Ultima Vii Game Engine V1.4 For Pandora

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
pandora-exult-snap.jpg

Hi All,

Exult is a famous game engine to play all Ultima 7 RPG series from the early 1990's !
For more details please see http://exult.sourceforge.net/.

Here is a port of this smashing game engine to pandora !

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

You will need to copy manually orignal Ultimate VII files (see the README.pandora for details)

Everything is on my blog :
here

Enjoy,

Zx.

skeezix said:
oh dear :) I need to go check GoG right... now!

jeff

Ok, what is GoG? I only know that to mean Guild of Greeters, but that's from Myst, not Ultima.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much zx-81! I forgot that I was waiting for this while playing psx4all and BG1 via Gemrb... Too much fun, am overloading...

God Ginrai said:
skeezix said:

jeff

Ok, what is GoG? I only know that to mean Guild of Greeters, but that's from Myst, not Ultima.

-God Ginrai
http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

It's where you buy classic games for cheap, great for getting data files legally. Excellent site. :)

Unfortunately the Ultima Series is not yet on GOG. The rights are with EA which along with Lucasarts are the last big publishers still missing from GOG.

Thanks a lot for the Exult Port, zx-81. I was hoping that would be coming. How far along is Exult these days? Are there features missing or bugs or is it complete?

Gruso said:
God Ginrai said:
skeezix said:

jeff

-God Ginrai
http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

It's where you buy classic games for cheap, great for getting data files legally. Excellent site. :)

Ah, Thank You. I am glad I asked. ^_^

-God Ginrai

Great!

Since this game's original resolution is 320x200 (16:10 x:y-ratio) it would be suited to run (almost) fullscreen on Pandora (e.g. upscaled to 768x480) without losing its correct aspect ratio (using the full 800x480 would still keep almost correct aspect ratio). Does it?

Lafazar said:
Unfortunately the Ultima Series is not yet on GOG. The rights are with EA which along with Lucasarts are the last big publishers still missing from GOG.

Thanks a lot for the Exult Port, zx-81. I was hoping that would be coming. How far along is Exult these days? Are there features missing or bugs or is it complete?

I didn't finish the quest so i don't know if there are bugs up to the end :D ... i loose much time with the music stuff, finally i succeed to compile and use timidity.

EDIT: I found a version of Ultima VII series on abandonia.com

I concur about Abandonia. I have recently played both U7 and U7:SI from the copy available for download on Abandonia, and they're the real deal.

Pandora U7 players may be interested in fan-made mods for U7 and U7:SI in Exult at the Ultima: The Reconstruction site I'm thinking of the keyring mod in particular. This adds the very appreciated keyring functionality from U7:SI to U7:BG. Considering the Pandora's small screen, one could imagine a challenge in dealing with a bag full of two or three dozen keys that all have to be individually tried on a door if uncertain which one fits a particular door. I'm just not sure if it's possible to apply any mods like this without making a new pnd.

wonderful!! thx for porting! you really have a hand choosing the right things to pnd-up ;)

Wooohooo! Good thing I still have my Ultima 7 CDs around. One of the best RPGs ever made.

Back