Exult: Ultima Vii The Black Gate

Wolfspirit

This game was freakin awesome! I would love if somebody would try and port this and I don't think it would be too hard since they already have an ARM port to one ARM linux device (the Zaurus). You need the oringal game files but this will act as the engine for the games Ultima 7 The Black Gate and Ultima 7 part 2 Serpent Isle. Once I get my GP2x I'll try and take a stab at getting it to compile and run.

Oops, it would help to post the link:

http://exult.sourceforge.net/

Here is the source: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/exult/exult-1.2.tar.gz

Nice. So does that mean that you are working on it right now or you know someone who is? ;)

Wolfspirit posted on Dec 19 2005 at 10:02 AM said:
Nice. So does that mean that you are working on it right now or you know someone who is? ;)

No, I was thinking about it. But a better coder, commited before I did. Puck2099.

I'm happy as long as it gets released. :)

This is much better then Ur-Quan Masters. Where I actaully spent time talking to the devs and porting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Ultima 7 in my eyes is probably one of the best RPG games ever created. I loved the adventures that the Avatar and Iolo get into and the game is just so massive that it would add hours and hours of handheld enjoyment to all of our GP2x friends

Wolfspirit posted on Dec 19 2005 at 10:25 AM said:
Oh Ultima 7 in my eyes is probably one of the best RPG games ever created. I loved the adventures that the Avatar and Iolo get into and the game is just so massive that it would add hours and hours of handheld enjoyment to all of our GP2x friends

I agree with you on this one. I had the special edition Ultima7 (with the expansion.) It's really great using a real cloth map to explore the world.

In my opinoin, Ultima7, 6, 4 and Star Control 2 were ther best games ever made.

But now that I think about it more recently, Half Life 2, Theif and Deus Ex come fairly close.

icurafu posted on Dec 19 2005 at 01:55 AM said:
In my opinoin, Ultima7, 6, 4 and Star Control 2 were ther best games ever made.

But now that I think about it more recently, Half Life 2, Theif and Deus Ex come fairly close.

If you still think so in 5 years, or however old those Ultima's and Star Control are, They propably are good games. HL2 et all.

Jarska333 posted on Dec 20 2005 at 03:09 AM said:
icurafu posted on Dec 19 2005 at 01:55 AM said:
In my opinoin, Ultima7, 6, 4 and  Star Control 2 were ther best games ever made.

If you still think so in 5 years, or however old those Ultima's and Star Control are, They propably are good games. HL2 et all.

Ultima 7 was 1992. It was massively hyped because of the success of Ultima 6.

Ultima 4 was 1985.

Star Control 2 was 1992 as well. No doubt, 1992 was one of the best gaming years.

Hi,

I've been having problems compiling it, but I think that I'm very near to have something working :)

As soon as I have anything to show you, I will make you know. B)

Regards

Uhm, this morning I said that I was very near to have something working, well, I have now something working ;)

I have only tested a bit, but it looks to work quite good :)

I will open a new thread in a few time to let you download a first beta version :)

Regards

Puck2099 posted on Dec 21 2005 at 10:40 AM said:
Uhm, this morning I said that I was very near to have something working, well, I have now something working ;)

I will open a new thread in a few time to let you download a first beta version :)

Regards

Excellent work! What's the performance like?

ravuya posted on Dec 21 2005 at 06:48 PM said:
Puck2099 posted on Dec 21 2005 at 10:40 AM said:

Regards

Excellent work! What's the performance like?

Well, I have still not implemented GP2X's controls so I haven't moved the avatar, but city guards looks to move at a good speed.

I have seen some graphical errors as it didn't refresh correctly the screen but maybe it is a problem for launch the game from the sterm.

Ah, the music doesn't sound (maybe I haven't configured correctly the game) but some sounds effects do (you can hear the "red face" speaking in the intro of The Black Gate).

I'm going to zip the files and let you try :)

Regards

This is so awesome thank you! I have been wanting this on a handheld for awhile (not the snes version either). I want to join your team if possible, let's get this running at full speed!

"Avatar, know that britania has entered a new age of enlightenment."

Can't wait to get my gp2x now.

I have my clothe map stored away for situations like this.

It'd be hard for anyone to pass the first level without a scan of the map. And a translator for the symbol language.

Back