Pandora Pandora Emulator Frontend

i'd love to show a pandora to my friend who own a psp, that runs psp and ds games together :p

They would try to steal it from me :p

the only thing that scares me is that maby this project is gonna be abandoned...becouse it sounds like alot of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say just clone it. The TV out is more of a, "I'm tired of using this little screen, let's play it for real" type thing.

I wouldn't want to play it back and forth.

Also, Aimless_E, I make sure to check this thread multiple times a day.

Yeah, we're all still here. We just wait till there are updates to post. :D

Gruso said:
And that thread in the beta forum that made us think there was actually a beta release... that was just a tease. :(
Come on. he's just got a baby ! a baby ! :lol:

congratulation :)

I'm sure the beta will come soon.

'hells_dark' said:
'Gruso' said:
And that thread in the beta forum that made us think there was actually a beta release... that was just a tease. :(
Come on. he's just got a baby ! a baby ! :lol:

congratulation :)

I'm sure the beta will come soon.

a beta that already plays games?
i would find it a very good coder if he can release a beta once the pandora is shipped, that runs about 20 games at about 10fps. i dont think you should hope for miracles soon becouse its still alot of work. but we can expect a miracle of psp emulation after about half a year or so...? :)

borgqueenx said:
a beta that already plays games?
i would find it a very good coder if he can release a beta once the pandora is shipped, that runs about 20 games at about 10fps. i dont think you should hope for miracles soon becouse its still alot of work. but we can expect a miracle of psp emulation after about half a year or so...? :)
? :blink:

It's a FRONT END.

it will launch emulators. and we already have some ready for the pandora.

Whoa, calm down. I think borgqueenx probably thought (s)he was reading the "Pandora-psp" thread.

hells_dark said:
Izolo said:
Whoa, calm down. I think borgqueenx probably thought (s)he was reading the "Pandora-psp" thread.
You may be right :lol:

is that also why she was talking about ds emulators, then? :rolleyes:

Well at least it got you talking. :) thanks for all your support.

I had the idea of displaying information about the game: Moves for fighting games,Tips and Tricks,Cheat codes,etc. on the Pandoras LCD while the Game would display on the TV. Kinda like the DS but one screen would be much larger than the other.

The reason I haven't posted the beta is because I realized that I really need to add the md5sum code to the rom aggregation function or no one will be able to use it the way we had intended.

'Aimless_E' said:
Well at least it got you talking. :) thanks for all your support.

I had the idea of displaying information about the game: Moves for fighting games,Tips and Tricks,Cheat codes,etc. on the Pandoras LCD while the Game would display on the TV. Kinda like the DS but one screen would be much larger than the other.

The reason I haven't posted the beta is because I realized that I really need to add the md5sum code to the rom aggregation function or no one will be able to use it the way we had intended.
That would be an interesting idea. It would definitely be way down on the list of features though, because something like that would take a whole lot of time; to actually create a "bottom screen" for every game would be REALLY difficult. Just as it will take a while to flesh out the ROMdb.

Fair enough.

I'll leave it for future versions. For now I will setup the two most logical options LCD or TV.

I realized that I can't use md5 or any other verification for the emulators themselves due to the nature of development the hash would change after every new version and I'm thinking it would be a nightmare to keep up with it all. So for now hash checking will be used on the files only. I also found a DB that has alot of the information I need for rom sorting. Pics and beta versions are comming. Hopefully soon. Stay tuned.

You could talk with the authors of the emulators, and ask them if they would be able to include an MD5 sum with each release of their emulator. If it's present, you can do the MD5 check. If not, you'll skip it. Not everyone will include one, but it's such an easy and painless step (it could probably even be automated in a Makefile) that you'll probably get a good number of devs to sign on.

'Vorporeal' said:
You could talk with the authors of the emulators, and ask them if they would be able to include an MD5 sum with each release of their emulator. If it's present, you can do the MD5 check. If not, you'll skip it. Not everyone will include one, but it's such an easy and painless step (it could probably even be automated in a Makefile) that you'll probably get a good number of devs to sign on.
True but the main reason I would include md5 checking on the emulators would be to auto detect them if I'm allowing the addition without checking there would be no reason to check in the first place.

Back