How thick should Pandora 2 be?

• Pandora's thickness is comfortable, keep it similar for Pandora 2

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • It's too thick, make it thinner if you can

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • Either is fine

Votes: 37 41.1%

• Total voters

I really just can't contain myself here, but honestly, an aluminum body would be amazing. Or, at least partly stamped metal. I'm still thinking about that design Binky posted a while back, I will keep hoping :'D

Yeah, my HTC One feels far more premium than any other phone I've had, the back of it is lovely to touch, especially in the morning when I pick it up from my bedside and is cool to the touch.

...Mmm tech fetish :)

Oh my god, thank you, yes, that exactly xD It's a craving that is difficult to satisfy :p

Based on my experience with the Psion S5, I reckon a thinner front edge would help with typing, meaning you could stretch your thumbs to reach awkward combinations futher, more easily without the corner digging into your palm. Of course, the S5 achieved this by being a much simpler device and employing a sliding keyboard hinge that would be stupidly expensive to copy, and probably patented to the hilt already. But still, that's why I'd like the base unit, at least at the front to be thinner.

I also think a little could be saved from the top already if the keyboard and game buttons could be made flatter, so the lip around the top part could be shrunk and make the unit look a little more classy.

So top thinner for aesthetic reasons, bottom thinner for comfort. But it's a big ask for a potential device with so much packed in, and to be honest I can more than live with the Pandora case as is.

I voted "Either is fine".

I'm fine with the current thickness of the Pandora, but I would not mind if it was a little thinner. However, I don't want it to be too thin. I own a 3DS, and my hand cramps during long gaming sessions due to the awkward grip my hands make due to it being too thin. I never had this problem with my original DS, GBA, GP2X, Pandora, or DS Lite with Nerf Armor.

I don't care too much about the thickness of the Pyra as long as it is not so thin that my hands cramp like the 3DS.

-God Ginrai

I voted for "make it thinner":

Realisticly, too thin won't be a problem, that simply would require too much money (to engineer) and maybe even a cutdown on features (which won't happen as Ed already stated). So make it thinner if possible, but not thicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
If making it thinner requires expanding it in another direction, use width (left to right).

The Pandora already pushes the combined limits of depth (front to back) and thickness (top to bottom) for pocketability.

Back