Panda-Usb.com - Pandora Tested Usb Accessories

I can testify that the Logitech C200 webcam works, if you want somewhere to start. The later iterations (C250, 500, and 600) should run just as well.
In fact, anything on this list that is a USB2.0 camera will probably work out of the box.

Well there are mousemats and headphones as order fillers... Candy/Sweets isn't really much different here than the UK, don't know about the states or rest of world.

Anyway webcams are an almost certainty before the deadline, as are USB controllers. She'll be on the lookout for cases; there's loads of bags and such out here it's just a matter of trying to find the perfect match at the perfect price :)

Thanks to everybody for their ideas and support - and good luck to everybody who's entered so far, and all those who enter in the future :)

Dual USB Gamepads
2 Gamepads connecting to a single USB port (sorry, hub needed :( )

Software support very poor at the moment - has been tested with Picodrive (thanks Prometheus for the heads up) so can confirm that all the digital buttons work. LSUSB lists the device identically to Ubuntu, which does support the analogue sticks, so one would hope they also work on the Pandora, but no guarantees (if anybody can point me to some software that supports analogue controls AND usb gamepads, please let me know!)

Slightly less exciting:

Half Metre USB Extender

Pleng said:
if anybody can point me to some software that supports analogue controls AND usb gamepads, please let me know!
You might have more luck with SDLMAME. The menu system in Handy might accept analogue controls too, even if they don't actually work in the emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I have tried MAME106 from the appstore and it doesn't recognize the USB pads at all. Where is SDLMAME?

Pleng said:
Thanks. I have tried MAME106 from the appstore and it doesn't recognize the USB pads at all. Where is SDLMAME?
It's on the archive somewhere. (Edit: see Defo's post)

And don't forget to make sure the pads are being detected in Linux too (try "lsusb" in a terminal).

Pleng said:

Dual USB Gamepads
2 Gamepads connecting to a single USB port (sorry, hub needed :( )
That's a shame about them needing a hub. Kinda defeats the point of having them both use one connector lol.
Look like decent pads though so I still might buy them... and a hub :)

EDIT: Nice idea for the site and with the competition btw. Should help to drum up some business :)

/me points Pleng to the software mentioned in his earlier, slightly off-topic post. :p

at least qjoypad supports analog, I know from personal use... doubt porting it would be all that difficult either, just compiling it and it's dependancies (that aren't already there) on a pandora and poof, done deal... might even already be in the angstrom repositories... :D

@Tripmonkey yea it does defeat the purpose somewhat. Still if she can find a tiny 2-Port USB hub, then 2 sets of gamepads plus the hub would work out just great for Mario Kart 64, if Mupen64 gets additional input options :) Having said that, the card reader hub is tiny enough... I should probably take some additional photos of each item next to a Pandora fo comparison purposes. Hmm...

@CPU that post wasn't off topic really. I tried downloading the tools but I don't think they're in the angstrom repositories I just got a 'Could not install package' message when trying to opkg install any of them. lsusb lists the dual controllers as 'Personal Communication Device' on the Pandora and also lists them as 'Personal Communication Device' in Ubuntu. They work fully in Ubuntu so hopefully, as soon as Pandora software supports them, they will work fully on Pandora too.

@Pleng: which tools did you use and did you check the developer sites to see what the dependancies are? Seeing as this is a game controller support issue, it would be best for OP if they had drivers to allow as much compatibility for game controllers as possible... so doing a little research and requesting OP to port over a few programs to the app store and drivers to the next hotfix shouldn't be out of the question... as long as you know what you need and tell them, someone should hop on it fairly soon to make it happen. I know that Logitech game controllers are supported by most linux distros on the kernel level, so it's one brand to think about, but I'm not sure about availability of that brand of controller in your present location. I looked for the most universally functional controllers back when I first got into Linux a few years ago and found out about logitech (and stuck with the first thing I found since they were pretty inexpensive for me to buy locally)... you may have to do a bit of research, but I'm sure between you, OP and the loyal fans of the Pandora, your inventory will increase exponentially and people who want accessories will have all they can get their hands on from you. :D

This is so cool. You'll certainly get my money, if you can get in the things on my want list:

-A USB hub that's basically a very short lead. Gruso was talking about them, but they're no longer made or in stock?

-A USB on the go lead.

Secondary:

-A small bluetooth mouse.

-Small bluetooth remote control.

-USB adaptors for game pads. I think there are some cheap Snes ones coming out of china, but almost any game console one is good.

SomeGuy, I told you before, and even provided a link - the Griffin SmartShare USB is still available via Amazon UK. :p

Anyhow, I'll have to second that one - that product works very well with the Pandora.

Prometheus said:
SomeGuy, I told you before, and even provided a link - the Griffin SmartShare USB is still available via Amazon UK. :p

Anyhow, I'll have to second that one - that product works very well with the Pandora.

Well they should get it in anyway. Perfect addition for a Pandora (infact, they should come on the box with it).

But I would pay a few quid extra and buy it from this shop. Just to reward starting such a cool thing.

The problem with gamepad adapters is that I also have to have the gamepads to test them with! :) She sells PSX adapters on ebay, but I have no PSX controllers to test with this unit.

We'll keep an eye out for the other products on your list.

@CPU The problem with brand-name items is that they're generally more expensive over here than they might be elsewhere. We'd like to provide value for money rather than an everything-here-is-overpriced-because-we're-using-the-pandora-name kind of experience.

Anyway, as I said I'm 99% certain those controllers work fully with Pandora. The only thing left to test is the sticks. But if they work in Ubuntu, why wouldn't they work on Pandora, given that lsusb gives the same device id?

Anecdotally, I was having a blast playing Mortal Kombat (2) with my friend with the two controllers. It feels bizzare but still awesome playing on a screen that size - not sure how split-screen games would fare.

Some new odds and sods:

USB 2 (!) Multi Card Reader
Headphone Splitter
Headphone Extension Lead
Headphone Cable Tidy

I think a USB two.0 (broken keyboard, sorry) mouse is pretty much the holy grail of accessories. Sadly, I'm not sure such a thing even exists :( Bluetooth is more likely, I think.

OK she's going to test some cams later. Also eyeing up a very nice set of portable speakers. Can anybody recommend some tools for testing cams? Is there any software that supports cams yet?

If you're up for some mplayer command line action:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56098-using-a-webcam-with-mplayer

Thanks for that!

I also installed cheese using opkg and that seems to work - just waiting for the cams to arrive now :)

Additionally. The site should be configured to select default currencies of USD for American Visitors, UKP for British visitors, EUR for those in the Eurozone, and THB for those in Thailand. Would people be kind enough to confirm that this is the case?

Additionally 2: iPhone/iPod/Android users should be automatically directed to the mobile version of the site. I don't have any of these devices to test with. Again would somebody be kind enough to confirm if this is correct.

Many thanks :)

Back