Pandora Accessories Madness

marshal

I know there have been a number of topic about accessories for the Pandora... still the Pandora is coming soon so why not share pictures of the accessories you have.

Here are what I intend to use with the Pandora:

A screen protector, a USG OTG cable (hope it works), 2x 16GB SDHC memory card, a small 2 port usb hub, a blutooth GPS, In-Ear Headphones, a headset with a mic and a bluetooth mouse.

oh... I went a bit crazy and ordered one of those:
Samsung S1 mini 250GB (1.8' external harddrive)
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/productmodel.do?group=72&type=87&subtype=89&model_cd=481&ppmi=1176#

It's a tad expensive for the capacity compare to a 2.5' one... it's just so small and low power that it seem perfect for the Pandora. (I know I already made a topic about it... sorry)

Already have a BT travel mouse for my laptop (and it does work fine with Ubuntu), also have a Class 6, 16GB SDHC sitting around, just remembered I have a 2GB micro-SD w/adapter, plus 1 and 4GB USB thumbdrives, also have a decent pair of headphones. Aside from the SD cards and headphones I don't plan to take much around with the Pandora.
Guess a screen protector would be a wise investment.

ThaDSman said:
Damn...that's nice... but generic screen protectors tend to be a little ugly, I would have gone with Zagg's Invisishield, it last a whole lot longer and doesn get that much air bubbles.

I've ordered one of those too but after seeing some reviews on the installation and possible damage to equipment, I'm going to let you guys be the guinea pigs before I attempt it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at SD cards again, the prices on 16GB cards seem pretty reasonable but that goes out of the window when you really need 3. Also MicroSD would be handy, for swapping between Camera/N900/N810/Dingoo/Pandora with various adaptors. MobileFun currently do class 6 16gb MicroSDHC for £38ish... but that's pretty steep when you can pick up full sized SDHC for £26.

Obviously the Pandora will be damned handy, being able to read full sized SD. I loved my Tapwave Zodiac for that, as it made a great device for properly reviewing photographs on. Perhaps a slow, 32GB card in the Pandora for games/data and a fast 16GB for the Camera would work best.

I've got a bluetooth GPS which I haven't touched in a while, bluetooth mouse, bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth numpad (might make a good WASD stand in) and a plethora of other SD cards. Hopefully I can just whack a standard USB cable in the OTG port and use the female-to-female full-sized USB coupler I grabbed for the N810.

If you want to use a powered USB hub on the go, you'll not go far wrong with one of these (aff link *ahem*).

I'm currently not even thinking about any screen protectors... bareback, baby!

Fun topic. :D

Pandora_Accessories_Photo.png

Here's mine, from top to bottom and left to right;

Row 1: Sennheiser PX200 closed headphones
Row 2: NES-to-USB adapter, Linux-compatible USB webcam, and SNES-to-USB adapter
Row 3: Belkin "Flex" powered USB hub, Phono + S-Video to SCART adapter, Apple USB Ethernet adapter (confirmed working with Linux), external microphone, headphone splitter, and retractable USB and Ethernet cables.

A lot of this is meant for use in conjunction with the TV-out functionality, obviously, so isn't intended for travelling with. :p

Not pictured are my SD Cards, and a USB hard drive to which I've ripped all of my DVDs (I'll use that to copy new rips to one card that's been earmarked for that purpose, as opposed to keep it hooked up, of course :p).

^ Holy crap look at your rug!!

pUSBaccessoriesthmb.jpg

Headphones, a few USB bits n bobs, 3G dongle, BT GPS, and a bevy of SD cards. The pile on the left is made up of old 32/64/128MB cards. Ideally I'd like to custom label these so I can have an old retro system per card, but chances are most of them will be too slow to be useful.

I have the feeling im forgetting something here...dont know what. But here's my on the go list:

-bluetooth gps holux 1000b
-16gb sd card and 32gb sd card. Both class 6.
-iPhone 3gs for mobile internet(sorry my only camera)
-soundmagic pl30 headphones and mic.
-xpal xp8000n power pack with tips.
-2 mobile X-mini speakers i can connect together for quality music listening.

oh wait i know! I was forgetting my backbeat 903 bluetooth headset:(

Planning to buy:
usb hub.
Psp tip for charging pandora with the xp8000n.

*maby* another 32gb sd card.
*maby* a zagg protection for the outside of pandora.

can't be bothered finding the camera right now maybe later, but setup is:

2x PSX controller to USB adapters for 2-player gaming on the TV with brother.
2x 32GB SD cards
4 port usb hub stick thing
usb card reader

Gruso said:
Imageshack & Photobucket both offer resize options when you upload. :)
I used a jailbreak app to upload the photo. I Dont get options. Upload done, then pasting the link here. The app does the rest of the process.
Where is a topic about uploading pics of my/your gadget collection?

Don't have a camera, but not much for me, just:

Trusty ol' Sennheiser CX300s
USB mini cable for charging from various sources on the go
Black & Decker battery packs that I have, but I may buy that Brando wrist battery, a wall USB AC adapter, that Yogo charger, or an extra Pandora battery.
2x16GB SD cards
A cheap USB GPS receiver eventually

The screen on my 605 is fine and I've been using that for years, pocket travel not in a case, being resistive instead of glass it has a little give and doesn't scratch much, so (especially with the Pandora's clamshell design) I don't think a screen protector is necessary

borgqueenx said:
I used a jailbreak app to upload the photo.
I fixed your post for you. If you use the WYSIWYG editor, you can resize the image when you make your post. It still downloads the whole thing, but at least it isn't quite as offensively large. The right way to do it is to display a smaller version, then link to the full size one. That way you don't totally screw over people with slow connections.

Tip for you all - screen protectors often damage the touch digitizer of devices when pulled off too harshly or stickily. Get ones designed to come off easily or for reusability. Seriously, from a PDA developer.. Most people cause more DMV applying and reapplying their screen prot that wear and tear could cause.

Use a credit card to apply them without bubbles!

Here are mine:

- Two 32 GB SDHC cards (SanDisk Ultra II)
- One WD My Passport 500 GB Mini Portable Hard Drive

Hoping for the Pandora to arrive soon!

Happy Holidays Pandora Team! You guys are doing an awesome job to bring us a quality product!

WoD said:
Hopefully I can just whack a standard USB cable in the OTG port and use the female-to-female full-sized USB coupler I grabbed for the N810.

Unfortunately, that won't work - the mini-A host plug is wired differently to the usual mini-B client plug. Just changing the gender won't do it.

skeezix said:
Tip for you all - screen protectors often damage the touch digitizer of devices when pulled off too harshly or stickily. Get ones designed to come off easily or for reusability. Seriously, from a PDA developer.. Most people cause more DMV applying and reapplying their screen prot that wear and tear could cause.

Reapplying a screen protector... there's your problem :)

I still don't see the point of a screen protector, they device folds. I might get one later on if I turn out to use the touch screen a lot, but I don't think that will happen. As for the outside of the Pandora I'll never use them, I like the look of a scuffed up device, it does two things: makes the device look well used therefor telling people it must be a good device and second point it keeps thieves away.

I have 2 16GB class 6 transcend cards, I'm not going to get a 32GB card until they come down in price a little bit.

I also have two smart joys, PSX-to-USB adapters. Not much else for my Pandora, will play it by ear and see what people on these forums do.

i have 7 days of water, trail rations, canned foods, matches, a flashlight with spare batteries, walkie talkies, road flares, a spare tire, flint and steel, a compass, a rambo knife, rope, a 200 in 1 swiss army knife, a sleeping bag, a flare gun, two 10 foot bungie cords, a rifle, a small calibre pistol, a small makeshift shelter consisting of twigs and small branches and im set!

Back