Pandora Accessories Madness

Gruso said:
Headphones, a few USB bits n bobs, 3G dongle, BT GPS, and a bevy of SD cards. The pile on the left is made up of old 32/64/128MB cards. Ideally I'd like to custom label these so I can have an old retro system per card, but chances are most of them will be too slow to be useful.
Is that sennheiser cx300? Looks just like mine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Ideally I'd like to custom label these so I can have an old retro system per card, but chances are most of them will be too slow to be useful.
Wow, those are really cool, I only have 2 16GB cards for my Pandora so I probably won't use them but they're cool. I might use some just so I can tell my card apart from other peoples cards when I swap pics, no way that someone has Link on their SD card.

EDIT: Know of any good brands or places to get really thin labels? I can only find labels that are pretty think, not thin like SD labels. Not that it matters that much, would just look more professional with thiner labels.

Probably just the usual headphones, sd cards. Might get some high capacity charger thing.

I'd like some more information on the iPhone Bluetooth tethering in Linux. I tried connecting it to USB with tethering on, and it showed up as configuration #4 but would only use configration #1. I currently don't have a Linux system with Bluetooth.

16GB Kingston Class 4 SD card
16GB PNY Optima Class 4 SD card
iGo Bluetooth Stowaway Keyboard

I'm thinking about getting an original Nintendo DS case to store my Pandora as well.

Using one of these enclosures for laptop harddrive:
http://www.dragonsteelmods.com/Images/reviews4/eaglemesh/resize/eagle4.jpg

zohnnyg said:
i have 7 days of water, trail rations, canned foods, matches, a flashlight with spare batteries, walkie talkies, road flares, a spare tire, flint and steel, a compass, a rambo knife, rope, a 200 in 1 swiss army knife, a sleeping bag, a flare gun, two 10 foot bungie cords, a rifle, a small calibre pistol, a small makeshift shelter consisting of twigs and small branches and im set!
The rambo knife might be good enough, but you should pack a crowbar in case of zombies.

Seriously though, I think I'll be using the internal NAND for a while, considering I'm broke. No wait, I've got a 512M usb stick and a non-portable 320G usb HD that I'm hardly using for backups. So... it looks like I'll be using my laptop HD wirelessly.

Other than that? I have a usb hub. Probably required. And headphones if they don't break first (6+ years old).

skeezix said:
Tip for you all - screen protectors often damage the touch digitizer of devices when pulled off too harshly or stickily. Get ones designed to come off easily or for reusability. Seriously, from a PDA developer.. Most people cause more DMV applying and reapplying their screen prot that wear and tear could cause.

Use a credit card to apply them without bubbles!

Thanks for the tip. I'm a bit nervous about applying the screen protector I acquired when the Pandora arrives; there's been the odd mention around the forums since I bought it of potential problems, and I'm worried it may not be such a good idea after all... :rolleyes:

skyeyemachine said:
Thanks for the tip. I'm a bit nervous about applying the screen protector I acquired when the Pandora arrives; there's been the odd mention around the forums since I bought it of potential problems, and I'm worried it may not be such a good idea after all... :rolleyes:

The only thing that concerns me is the spray liquid getting in and shorting something. Also I'm just plain curious what that liquid is.

I swear by the screen protector I have on my Zaurus; if you get a good one and get it applied well (no bubbles, trapped dust etc) then there is very little need to ever remove it - unless it gets badly scratched. And in that case you'd be replacing it, not reapplying it anyway. Even the cheap ones will come off clean if you remember to just apply slow and steady tension to them, don't yank.

At the very least, it does a good job of making me less worried about the screen - I can write on it with fingernails, items to hand, etc without constantly keeping it clean and scared of touching it with anything.

The only thing that concerns me is the spray liquid getting in and shorting something. Also I'm just plain curious what that liquid is.

It'll be mostly demineralised water or alcohol, maybe with some surfactant in it. As long as you make sure to remove the batteries and give the unit plenty of time to dry out as per the instructions (oh, and don't *flood* it) then there's little to no risk of damaging anything.

me:
  • tritton USB to VGA adapter (works with sisusb Xorg driver, max resolution 1600x1200)
  • USB splitter
  • will buy SDHC cards after I get pandora, maybe two 16GB, maybe 32GB

darien said:
Using one of these enclosures for laptop harddrive:
http://www.dragonsteelmods.com/Images/reviews4/eaglemesh/resize/eagle4.jpg
Safe to assume you're a Phoronix reader? ;)

Wheels said:
Safe to assume you're a Phoronix reader? ;)

I actually just got that as a gift. Never heard of that site before. Mine seems to be an older model just comparing with the link.

Aha, so you're right; there's different bits hidden in the middle of that alphanumeric string!
Still, sounds like the build quality should be good. I might have to look into an Eagle enclosure if I ever swap out the lappy's hard drive.

Back