Overclocking Poll

How high can you sucessfully OC your GP to without it crashing?

• 133Mhz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 140Mhz

• 150Mhz

• 160Mhz

• 166Mhz

• More (!)

• I dont overclock above 133Mhz

• Total voters

Once again, speeds higher then 166 MHz on a normal GP32 will be clocked back to 166MHz with no effect <_< The RAM just doesn't support it.

If you can clock higher then 166MHz, that just means your CPU can handle that voltage setting.

The Mole posted on Dec 22 2003 at 09:00 PM said:
Azure posted on Dec 21 2003 at 03:16 AM said:
Who voted 133? :lol:
ME :(
Realy can you not overclock higher than 133Mhz?? have you tried??

Last edited by a moderator:
People who vote do not oc over 133 are probably more interested in conserving there battery life like me(exept for metal slug :p )

166MHZ in openSNES9x makes an amazing diffrence, probably more so than in any other emu.

So Robs mod might be a good idea for some of you ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craig, this may be a pretty stupid question but, could u take two gps, one clocking to 166 and one clocking to 172 and see if if the processor is clocking back, im guessing your one of the only people with access to a number of gps.

probably a stupid request.

Dang, I'm another one of those guys who can't go past 133... it crashs any higher with openSNES. Aw well, the games run well enough without sound to satisfy me.

Hey Craig, is it likely if I get a FLU from gbax.com that it will overclock to 166mhz? I really am desperate to let it overclock to this speed when I get one because of the difference it makes with the SNES emulator, which is one of the main reasons I'm getting this. I would even be willing to buy one of your 'personal' ones which are tested for 166mhz, if I was sure it would overclock to this speed! Woud that be possible?

Mostly i can OC my GP to 166 Mhz, i only get problems if i run opensnes9xGP higher than 160 (random freezes). So i voted 166, since every prog (besides os9xGP) runs at that speed.

Andross - if you have no luck then get on Ebay and ask the seller to try it out for you, that's what I had to do to guarantee a 166 FLU.

Hey Ste, thanks man, Ive been round doing that as well! I'm from Middlesbrough too! (that is if your avatar is correct :p )!! Cheers guys, I'll be ordering from gbax.com and gambling on it like everyone else!

Back