Does Your Gp32 Joystick Have Any Problems?

How responsive is your joystick on your GP32, and what type of GP32 do you have?

• non-lit:It works perfectly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • non-lit:Slight trouble with diagonals, but can still get them

• non-lit:Trouble with diagonals; nearly impossible to get them

• non-lit:Trouble with diagonals AND 1+ of the regular directions

• non-lit:I had trouble before but I fixed it and it works well now

• FLU:It works perfectly

• FLU:Slight trouble with diagonals, but can still get them

• FLU:Trouble with diagonals; nearly impossible to get them

• FLU:Trouble with diagonals AND 1+ of the regular directions

• FLU:I had trouble before but I fixed it and it works well now

• BLU/+:It works perfectly

• BLU/+:Slight trouble with diagonals, but can still get them

• BLU/+:Trouble with diagonals; nearly impossible to get them

• BLU/+:Trouble with diagonals AND 1+ of the regular directions

• BLU/+:I had trouble before but I fixed it and it works well now

• Total voters

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
In light of all the recent joystick complaints, I thought it would be interesting to set up a poll to see how many people have this problem. I also divided them into different GP32 types to see if perhaps some GP32s have better build quality than others.

Personally I have a slight problem with the diagonals, but I can still get them if I'm really exact. I own a 1-year-old FLU.

Fifth category for me... Whoever read my Tutorial Knows what i mean.

I think there´s gonna be a lot more FLU´s and nifluniblu´s (nifluniblu is spanish and means neither FLU nor BLU :lol: :lol: :lol: ) that have joystick problems than BLUs, simply because BLU units are newer...

Last edited by a moderator:
My FLU's d-stick works fine. The absolute only problem is that UP+RIGHT diagonal is slightly slightly SLIGHTLY harder to get to, but I can still get it fine without problems, so it doesn't matter.

FLU: L feals more responsive then R,
up left is realy hard to get but up right is done with ease and everything else is fine i should think.

very interesting poll, though I suspect that different people treat their gp32's a little differently and the rougher you treat the stick the more of the wear you will get inside making it less responsive.

Since I did the fix that fishbong posted, my FLU has a new lease of life. I was amazed how much of the white plastic dust was around the microswitch area showing what a beating it had taken!!

It seems from this poll that FLUs are especially susceptible to joystick trouble... very strange.

Or maybe not; you could reason that they all have the same chance for having problems, but non-lit owners use their GP32s less and therefor wear out their joysticks less, and BLU/+ owners haven't had them for very long yet and therefore don't have many problems yet. :ph34r:

I should have voted twice, once for each GP32 I own, but I can't... oh well, anyway...

I have a BLU+ that I bought in either March or April of this year, and it has absolutely no joystick problems(but it feels slightly less stiff than it did when I bought it). The FLU I bought in... September or October, I think... it had one or two diagonals that were hard to get, but I fixed it with "The Ultimate Ministick Fix."

Back