Over 1000 shipped, but any over 1000 received?

andyhamer

Perhaps that title is a little misleading (apologies if so), just wanted to know if anyone with a "queue position" of 1000+ has received their unit, i think Craig mentioned recently that he was close to 2000 shipping this weekend, hopefully that has covered replacements, Ed's & Fatih's orders.

I don't think queue positions are relevant (accurate).

Remember, about 1/4 go to ED, and some of the built units were unfortunately to replace returns. Things seem to be moving along at a decent clip now, and I expect to hear that more units have shipped next week...we're still a ways from having batch 1 and batch 2 complete though.

edit: /here/hear/

Last edited by a moderator:
With approx. 1300 shipped right now, about 350 went to me, 200 or so were one-nubbers, so no one from Craigs queue over 1000 at the moment.

But if I remember right, I saw some guys with 850 - 900 telling they received their shipping mail.

AS ALWAYS .. please search, we've been over this 500 times at least :)

Consider as above there are multip queues, so using Craigs queue number is misleading.

But also please consider that many many many people ordered more than 1 pandora. So if you're number 800, you're not getting the 800th pandora from Craig. Your'e getting the 800th _ORDER_.

Also factor in any one-nubbers or bad units or repairs, etc.

The queue number is an estimate only.

(I know, easier said by those of us with units, and patience is this :)

jeff

ok just to make sure, 1st batch consists of 4000 pandoras, not 4000 orders right?

ok just to make sure, 1st batch consists of 4000 pandoras, not 4000 orders right?
I don't know if the full 4000 units were sold, think the cutoff maybe 3900 with 100 for RMAs technically. Correct me if I'm wrong Craig or ED. And then there were multiple orders by people either ordering a Pandora alone then adding accessories, or ordering several Pandoras and combining orders due to bank fraud (PayPal, AmEx & the global banking crisis). So that # should be subtracted from 3900 or however many were sold from Batch 1. There was also talk of keeping a few from Batch 1 for special paint/silk screening art limited edition that hasn't been spoke of lately.

AS ALWAYS .. please search, we've been over this 500 times at least :)

Consider as above there are multip queues, so using Craigs queue number is misleading.
Perhaps there would be less chance of misunderstanding if the announcements were a bit more clear. I understood the following to mean that my Pandora (range 1050-1150) would ship by the end of this week:

Everyone up to approx 1000-1200 will have their unit shipped before the end of next week.
No email yet <_< Well at least there's still almost half a day remaining of this week.

-K-

200 or so were one-nubbers ???

are those then sold as one nubbers or are they going to be reworked? (just curious)

Got mine Thursday 20th Jan. and the serial number ends with 1290 if thats means anything.

The serial numbers past the 100 first pandora are totally random
wink.gif

You need to be talking about when you ordered, not what the arbitrary number you were given when you asked your place in the queue. The dates/times should be fairly accurate - the queue position varies as people drop out. With the current position in the shipping, order placement ought to be starting to thin out - not like the first couple of hours!

650-700 in Craig's queue and still nothing here.

I was told I was in the 3850 range, and I remember reading craig or ED posted that a certain % are reserved for RMA (at the time I did the math, and that % made my queue position impossible)

650-700 in Craig's queue and still nothing here.

I was told I was in the 3850 range, and I remember reading craig or ED posted that a certain % are reserved for RMA (at the time I did the math, and that % made my queue position impossible)
i think craig's shop might deal with the number of actual pandora where ED gives estimates on the number he receives as opposed to number off assembly line. This would be because ED is almost like one of craigs customers as craig fullfiles his orders and supplies ED with his. This would make sense from the variances in email responses and order times. You should compare your quoted que position with those from the same shop getting theirs fulfilled. Not from total completed because you'll get situations like this, your que position can't actually exist unless they make like 5000 instead of 4000 for batch one (which might actually still be the case)

as for being told 650-750... someone either gave an off estimate or something might be wrong as any way you divy it out that should be shipped by now anyway you do the math.

Last edited by a moderator:
People, now...It is like this

The "order numbers" are meaningless.

Anyone who quotes an order number immediately loses the discussion

Compare send times of order emails, if you like, but essentially any attempt at comparing one or another estimate of queue place, which may or may not have been correct, may or may not have included the german, turkish or american orders, and may or may not have made provisions for multiple orders, one-nubbers, RMAs or something else, is so fault-ridden that you might as well compare patterns in a goats entrails. Just don't.

Anyone who quotes an order number immediately loses the discussion
It depends. German customers can use their order numbers to estimate how much longer they have to wait. It's an estimate because some people ordered multiple units and there might be non-Pandora orders in between (though I doubt it for the first (couple of) pre-order day(s)).

Just remember that only a fourth of every unit produced goes to Germany.

Apparently Craigs order numbers are much less useful to estimate you waiting time.

Back