Outrun

pongplaya

Website
Visit site
Hi there,

i tried a lot of settings for outrun... but none seems to work to get sound and some acceptable framerates...
unfortunately my gp2x only overclocks to 250...... and dr.z80 will crashes the game after exit...

I think you're going to have to settle for one of the console versions (maybe Genesis, PC-Engine, or GBA)

'Exophase' said:
I think you're going to have to settle for one of the console versions (maybe Genesis, PC-Engine, or GBA)
The GBA version needs quite heavy overclocking here (Assuming you're talking about the sega 4-pack under GPSP2x) - it doesn't run at the correct speed even when I overclock to 280mhz. Can't test any higher than that :-(

The colours are wrong too, the road in particular is very washed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
'Exophase' said:
The GBA version needs quite heavy overclocking here (Assuming you're talking about the sega 4-pack under GPSP2x) - it doesn't run at the correct speed even when I overclock to 280mhz. Can't test any higher than that :-(

The colours are wrong too, the road in particular is very washed out.

Blame the GBA's LCD outputting awful colors, although something could probably be done to help correct it. As for speed, I seem to recall you capping the frameskip down to 0 or 1 or something like that, something that uses mode 1 or 2 on GBA isn't going to work that well without more frameskip. IMO frameskip isn't that bad on fast moving racing games. Although it could be too slow either way, I don't know, I haven't tested it and don't care to ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Back