Outrun 2 - Xbox Live Demo

Twinbee

Tales From The Big Room
Website
Visit site
Anyone got the Outrun 2 Xbox Live demo from Game, yet?

If not, pre-order the game to get your copy! Or just ask for a copy and they'll give you one, my mate did. :blink:

XBL Gamertag is Silvergun X.

Edit: The demo consists of 2 cars, the F50, and the 360 Spider, out of the full game's 8 cars. You can ONLY do Outrun mode offline, and you can only turn left at the junctions to take the easy route. Instead of there being 5 rounds, there are 3. Heart attack, and Time attack have been disabled, along with Mission mode.

Online play consists of 4 players, no traffic. You're also limited to using the 360 Spider. The full game will allow 8 players as opposed to just 4, and I believe traffic will be a toggle.

I wonder if you get a 2 month xbox live trial with Outrun 2. It's the game I look forward to most and I would love to play it on live but I don't know if I would fork out £40 for Xbox live. Perhaps I will see you on it when October comes around.

Trust me, it is VERY much worth it. I was a little skeptical myself, but PS2 online play quite simply doesn't come close to the Xbox Live community. :)

I take it you've heard about the Daytona USA 2 and Scud Race tracks that are getting added to it. :lol:

Yep, ditto. I have a few but not too many. Good thing i've got my pre-order on Halo 2 aswell!

Currently nerding to...

Project Gotham Racing 2
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Phantasy Star Online
Full Spectrum Warrior

you guys tried burnout 3 yet,

its very good
my god i love the xbox atm it has for the first time i have owned it got a good run of games comming out.

its stright down to blockbuster for me ;) if u catch me drift

Burnout 3, i've had nothing but problems with online. It's not too bad but the drifting feels too random and uncontrolled to me. I enjoy Outrun 2 more than Burnout 3, but it's still a quality game.

Edit: PS2 version online, though apparently the Xbox Live version has the same problems. Because EA are shite.

indeed.

i dont have live still chugging away with my 56k

RE:burnout 3
i dont actually mind the drift and the actual game content is very good, so much to do.

also ive just started to play PG2 and its pretty darn good never liked it when it first came out but i got into its good, like the kudos points system.

daveyg: Xbox live is only £30 at amazon. Get that and project gotham 2 off ebay for £20 and you will be laughing, its a great game. Then we have outrun2 on the way soon :)

Burnout 3 looks good and my friends like it but there are soooooooo many problems with it online not to mention EA's official stance that they shut down servers for old games when newer versions come out!

Having had Live from it's beta trial nearly 2 years ago, I have recently stopped using live completely.

Why?

Well I recently got an email from M$ asking me to change my gamertag as it was 'similar' to someone else's tag. Having had my tag from the beta trials, and being the name I use for all online services (TheJuggler) I was less than please.

M$ were unhappy to leave my tag as it was, I have cancelled my service. Not really what M$ promised and they certainly haven't delivered in my mind on the service tey provided. "Unique online gamertag" - well mine was unique but that apparently isn't enough for M$!

I second the the Burnout 3 statements. I havent got a game on the XBOX in a while but Burnout 3 is great.

Does anyone know how to get downloaded saves to work with it? I got some but it just says 'unusable'?

Outrun 2!!!

hmm, now I realy have to consider buying a XBOX. have to buy a new PS2 first thou, my old one got a broken chip while trying to mod it....
(was the old model with a chip with 23 pins on 1 cm or so....anyway it was a little to hard for me to handle, my brothers newer moddel was easy to mod thou)

Anyway, has anyone tried outrun or outrunners on MAME ?

They rock!!!
or atleast they bring old memories back..... I love them.

Edit: and having both Burnout 1 & 2 I´m sure going to get Burnout 3

thejuggler I heard about that. It's weird that they asked you to change it but not the other person(s) who will almost certainly have been using Live for a shorter time than you. I heard they offer you a free game out of a choice of three to change your GT and if you complain enough you can get a years free subscription. I still think it's a silly thing to stop using live over.

That IS silly to stop using Xbox Live over a name change... If I got asked the same thing, i'd just change it to one of the millions of other aliases I use and have done with it.

To be honest, I love Xbox Live. I've never once had a problem with it, and the whole community is just great. This isn't a bash at PS2 online gaming however, as I played my mate's Socom II round here and it's pretty damn sweet. I just feel like Xbox Live is both easier to set up and a generally better community... Probably because the majority of PS2 online gamers don't have headsets and using that software keyboard is irritating...

About Burnout 3, yes it's fun to play online, but even WITH port mapping I still have so, so many stupid problems with playing it online. I've probably already mentioned this but my mate's PS2 keeps freezing. He can't even GET online! And he's not the only person with that problem... Now it's a great game, and i've had fun playing it online, but finding a game that actually works, and actually getting the bugger online in the first place is a complicated procedure with my network setup and it's irritating when Xbox Live just plugs in and works, while I have to fuck about with my network settings every time I want to go on PS2 online...

My opinion on Burnout 3 will probably change a lot, once I take my PS2 copy back and get it for the Xbox. Then i'll be able to give a proper opinion on the game without being completely frustrated with it.

Grr. :angry:

...But anyway. Outrun 2! Traffic online, please!

I said the word 'Online' 9 times in this post... :lol:

Maybe as you have to pay for live then people feel more inclined to use the service, rather than having anyone who doesn't really care too much about online but use it as an extra now and again might have the live scene better than the ps2... if you get me. It's hard to explain (still hungover :().

FUCK L!VE

heartattack mode is by far the greatest creation in any game ever

its not just skill, its skill whilst ure trying to win

if anyone wants to play this buy a plane ticket and go to Gatwick airport :D they have one there in the SEGA arcade

mattmagoo posted on Sep 14 2004 at 08:47 PM said:
FUCK L!VE

heartattack mode is by far the greatest creation in any game ever

its not just skill, its skill whilst ure trying to win

if anyone wants to play this buy a plane ticket and go to Gatwick airport :D they have one there in the SEGA arcade

True, but it's skill whilst trying to win, with nobody watching you and without kicking anybody to last friday. :( Heart Attack online, hmm...

Edit: I've only just found out about the moonwalking flag man! How cool!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back