Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anybody is arguing, just shooting the breeze FPS style!
I'd imagine if it has a widescreen it would be entirely possible to have part of one corner used.
It would depend on how fast the turning etc is, just like a normal mouse.
It's just an idea of course but a potentially very good one.

I disagree, I absolutely cannot play any fps with a stylus. I don't know if it's because I'm left handed, or because it's just so lame and uncomfortable, but playing Metroid Prime was so terrible that the mere thought gives me dry heaves. I even refuse to play the DSHeretic port because I hate the touch screen so much; and Heretic is one of my favorite games. Dual analog may be mildly bad, but at least you can learn how to use it right after playing awhile. Oh yes, and while I'm on input devices: the US successfully induced Japan's surrender by dropping over twelve-thousand Sony Laptops over Hiroshima. These extremely technology advanced devices included one of the World's most terrifying inventions: that's right, the touchpad mouse. Within 24 hours Japan announced their defeat.

imec said:
I disagree, I absolutely cannot play any fps with a stylus. I don't know if it's because I'm left handed, or because it's just so lame and uncomfortable, but playing Metroid Prime was so terrible that the mere thought gives me dry heaves. I even refuse to play the DSHeretic port because I hate the touch screen so much; and Heretic is one of my favorite games. Dual analog may be mildly bad, but at least you can learn how to use it right after playing awhile. Oh yes, and while I'm on input devices: the US successfully induced Japan's surrender by dropping over twelve-thousand Sony Laptops over Hiroshima. These extremely technology advanced devices included one of the World's most terrifying inventions: that's right, the touchpad mouse. Within 24 hours Japan announced their defeat.
That's a very good point. It's hard for left handers to play the DS FPS because they are setup for right handers. Devs sould atleast take this into account when mapping controls. Atleast have alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be cool to release the pics in pieces a-la an advent calendar, on the 25th, the whole picture is revealed and we see the prototype in all it's glory.

Nova said:
It'd be cool to release the pics in pieces a-la an advent calendar, on the 25th, the whole picture is revealed and we see the prototype in all it's glory.
awesome idea :)
i doubt he does that thou...

imec said:
On Metroid, put the stylus in your left hand ;).

Yes there is still no picture, because unlike, say GPH, we are talking our time to get this right, not rushing anything, slowly tweaking things up, it will be done when it's done, and then likely tweaked some more. The move to the new SOC was a prety major change, however we shall be showing off the Dpad soon, just have to get all the F200 stuff out the way.

I quite like an advent calendar idea, but we will have revealed the final design before Christmas :) PCBs this month :eek:

craigix said:
Yes there is still no picture, because unlike, say GPH, we are talking our time to get this right, not rushing anything, slowly tweaking things up, it will be done when it's done, and then likely tweaked some more. The move to the new SOC was a prety major change, however we shall be showing off the Dpad soon, just have to get all the F200 stuff out the way.

I quite like an advent calendar idea, but we will have revealed the final design before Christmas :) PCBs this month :eek:
Crazy stuff, man. Looking forward to it. :)

Squidge said:
It probably is until it turns into something real next year or whatever.
The Craiginator is just a concept atm, not a proof of concept. (Once we know that Craig has a working prototype, then it will be beyond that)

-God Ginrai

craigix said:
it will be done when it's done,
Why in gods name does this sound similar to the quote about Duke Nukem forever's development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back