Our Large Gp32 Screens

TelcoLou posted on Feb 11 2005 at 05:17 AM said:
shinneri posted on Feb 10 2005 at 10:04 PM said:
Blah posted on Feb 10 2005 at 08:21 PM said:
Quitting rubbing the PSP's huge screen in my face.  <_<
How about its meager battery life. ;)

... so, you mean I can't use these 2500 mAh rechargeables I've been hoarding all these months in a PSP ??

:(

Doesn't it have it's own kind of power cells, kinda like GBA SP?

Last edited by a moderator:
<weighs in on battery debate> I would take a GP32 with GP Cinema on a flight with me anyday. Since when could you get PSP or DS batteries in a duty free for example? :p Also I have Lord of the Rings across two 128's, if I had a PSP then I wouldn't be able to see the end :(

The gp32_console screen is not the biggest I can think of. But when you turn on that button and the screen lights up, it feels massive.
( Well that's what I think.)

MOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bleh. Tell me when you can run some decent homebrew on it and I'll be interested.

Personally, I still think the PocketPC would be the best handheld if the controls were redesigned to make it less PDA and more gamer friendly. There's already loads of games available for it, and anyone can make games and applications.

I wish we had the Zodiac Screen with our GP guts in it
that would be neat
and, since you are playing a movie off of hard storage, solid state, the UMD dont spin
you will be able to get about 4 1/2 hours of movie screen on brightest, volume half
so, you can watch a vid on it, and if its widescreen, your in luck, cause you can use full screen widescreen now

4xx X 186 resolution on that nice backlit screen
*drools
dman being poor....
*saves money for PSP now

~Octavious

wtf..... the battery on the psp lasts 6hr's+ when fully charged......... it tells you.... in the system menu under battery... look....

P2757.JPG

Thats 5 hours 51 mins at 84% battery life.......

heh will do.

i hope its more than 2 + hrs can spinning a disk really make that much differance???

i get about 6+ hours when listening to music or watching anime off the Memory Stick.

Man, what is this obsession everyone has with big screens? Once you start playing, you're never going to notice the extra few centimeters between different handhelds, well at least you won't if it's a good game, you'll be concentrating on the game. So I suppose that's why everyone notices the PSP's screen size :lol:

mr twit posted on Feb 11 2005 at 12:13 PM said:
Man, what is this obsession everyone has with big screens? Once you start playing, you're never going to notice the extra few centimeters between different handhelds, well at least you won't if it's a good game, you'll be concentrating on the game. So I suppose that's why everyone notices the PSP's screen size :lol:

Uhhh yea right. :rolleyes:

I don't play any GBA games anymore because the screen is so small and it's hard to see text and details.

I use my GP32 and Zodiac the most and even then I wish the screen was bigger.

Bigger = More detail + Easier on the eyes = More Fun !!!

jonjandran posted on Feb 11 2005 at 04:54 PM said:
mr twit posted on Feb 11 2005 at 12:13 PM said:

Uhhh yea right. :rolleyes:

I don't play any GBA games anymore because the screen is so small and it's hard to see text and details.

I use my GP32 and Zodiac the most and even then I wish the screen was bigger.

Bigger = More detail + Easier on the eyes = More Fun !!!
Ever thought of taking an eye test?

jonjandran posted on Feb 11 2005 at 03:38 AM said:
And my Tapwave Zodiacs Screen makes my GP32 Blu screen look like crap.

Well not crap but man is the Zodiacs screen nice.

I had a Zodiac and it was ok. The screen is only like .3" bigger BFD. It certainly doesnt make the BLu "look like crap" as you say. It has more res but that means that emulated stuff always has to be scaled as it is too small at 1:1 which makes it blurry, BAH!

The PSP makes the Zodiac screen "look like crap" too, especially due to the fact that it will actually have good games to view on it, and a d-pad AND an analog to play them with.

mr twit posted on Feb 11 2005 at 01:23 PM said:
Ever thought of taking an eye test?

Oh man you're a funny one.

And your name is very fitting.

If anyone says that the GBA screen is fine and a larger , brighter , more detailed screen isn't necessary , then I have one word for them.

FANBOY !!!

DaveC posted on Feb 11 2005 at 02:41 PM said:
I had a Zodiac and it was ok. The screen is only like .3" bigger BFD. It certainly doesnt make the BLu "look like crap" as you say. It has more res but that means that emulated stuff always has to be scaled as it is too small at 1:1 which makes it blurry, BAH!

The PSP makes the Zodiac screen "look like crap" too, especially due to the fact that it will actually have good games to view on it, and a d-pad AND an analog to play them with.

I was talking about the size of the 2 screens .

The Tapwave screen is a LOT brighter and more detailed. The Blu's screen is nice, much nicer than the FLU , but they still didn't get the brightness right. It needs to be a lot brighter. Why else does everyone complain that the emulators aren't bright enough ?

And how does the PSP having a d-pad or better games mean that it will make the Zodiacs screen look like crap ? Really try to make sense will you.

jonjandran posted on Feb 11 2005 at 06:50 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 11 2005 at 02:41 PM said:
I had a Zodiac and it was ok.  The screen is only like .3" bigger BFD.  It certainly doesnt make the BLu "look like crap" as you say.  It has more res but that means that emulated stuff always has to be scaled as it is too small at 1:1 which makes it blurry, BAH!

I was talking about the size of the 2 screens .

The Tapwave screen is a LOT brighter and more detailed. The Blu's screen is nice, much nicer than the FLU , but they still didn't get the brightness right. It needs to be a lot brighter. Why else does everyone complain that the emulators aren't bright enough ?

And how does the PSP having a d-pad or better games mean that it will make the Zodiacs screen look like crap ? Really try to make sense will you.

The ones complaining about the brightness of emulators are those with FLUs and NLUs, ;) I never once heard anyone but you bitch about that on a BLU.

DaveC posted on Feb 11 2005 at 02:56 PM said:
The ones complaining about the brightness of emulators are those with FLUs and NLUs, ;) I never once heard anyone but you bitch about that on a BLU.

Why don't you stop your stupid nonsense typing and do a search then . :rolleyes:

I've seen 4-5 threads with people saying that DrMD and others are to dark on the BLU .

And I'm not bitching , since when is stating an opinion bitching.

Grow up Dave

Back