Original Preorders.

T.T.

Master of Lightning
Just so that I know whats going on, on average, how many Original Preorders are being fulfilled each month?

Also, about how many original preorders total do you suppose are left?

Just so that I know whats going on, on average, how many Original Preorders are being fulfilled each month?

Also, about how many original preorders total do you suppose are left?
That's all in the Sales Support-Thread.

Hard to tell how many are being fulfilled, as it depends on the sales.

But thanks to upgrades, etc., we managed to ship about 60 since the beginning of 2013.

I've got a bit less than 50 left, can't say anything about Craig though.

Well if Craig has 700 pre-orders left as has been previously suggested, that will mean another 1.5 years before they are cleared out. Hopefully that number includes refund payouts also.

Well if Craig has 700 pre-orders left as has been previously suggested, that will mean another 1.5 years before they are cleared out. Hopefully that number includes refund payouts also.
That can't really be said, as it heavily depends on sales. And sales can change HEAVILY in one month, based on advertisement, upgrades, etc.

ED, is there a reason you don't try and bolster sales by selling on ebay?

I would definately get them on ebay (available worldwide - buy now) as the highest priority right now. Get some increased sales going.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would definately get them on ebay (available worldwide - buy now) as the highest priority right now. Get some increased sales going.
Why ? Is it more likely that people stumble over the Pandora during an eBay search ? And if so, is it worth the fees that ED would have to pay ?

Some people would indeed stumble upon the pandora during an ebay search. I don't see why Ed couldn't add the ebay fees to the asking "buy now" price. They're not requiring sellers to set their price to the same as their online shop.

Some people would indeed stumble upon the pandora during an ebay search. I don't see why Ed couldn't add the ebay fees to the asking "buy now" price. They're not requiring sellers to set their price to the same as their online shop.
With the Pandoras price tag already beeing the one thing that keeps most people off (or at least rant about the Pandora) ? Even with the refurbished models this would mean a price increase of at least 17€ (afaik he has to pay a monthly fee of about 20€ + some small fee for offering something + 5% of the actual sales price) - Is this really worth the effort ?

That's all in the Sales Support-Thread.

Hard to tell how many are being fulfilled, as it depends on the sales.

But thanks to upgrades, etc., we managed to ship about 60 since the beginning of 2013.

I've got a bit less than 50 left, can't say anything about Craig though.
Wow it would mean that at this pace end of March you might be clear of backorders. Nice! Good to hear it!

Why ? Is it more likely that people stumble over the Pandora during an eBay search ? And if so, is it worth the fees that ED would have to pay ?
Simple answer to your questions -> Yes

On what facts do you base this assumption on ?
Not an assumption, placed in the right categories like gaming console, umpc etc it will get much needed extra awareness and thus sales via people browsing those categories.
Plus it wouldn't be the 1000th time someone said ,are these available to buy on eBay?

Also , as some one else suggested , it would be a great idea to get it onto thinkgeek

People sell there second hand Pandoras on eBay, so it should be ok now.

I also think Thinkgeek is a great idea. I seem to remember Craig saying he had organised it to go on Thinkgeek, but then , we'll, other shit happened and it seemed to just be forgotten. Worth following up for sure.

That's just, like, his opinion man. The only way to find out if it is worth the effort is to try it!
I would rather put the financial effort in some advertisement (banner ads, or something like that) than in eBay. That beeing said, I just discovered that the Pandora is already being sold on eBay (only through a reseller)

^ I wonder if that ad is Ed?

In any event an ad in English is needed (probably on eBay.com), it also needs to be made available world wide as opposed to just Germany.

As this requires near 0 financial effort it should at least be tried

I know even normal cloth shops who sell through ebay. Just a few shoes etc. per day, but at least the are selling something. Maybe try to offer it via mindfactory.de or alternate.de. Or put it in geizhals.de. If you look for a netbook and find the pandora as smallest netbook ever, it would be nice :) .

On what facts do you base this assumption on ?
Not an assumption, placed in the right categories like gaming console, umpc etc it will get much needed extra awareness and thus sales via people browsing those categories.
Plus it wouldn't be the 1000th time someone said ,are these available to buy on eBay?

Also , as some one else suggested , it would be a great idea to get it onto thinkgeek
Editing posts after they have already been adressed should be avoided, as it confuses people (namely me).

As to the rest - it is indeed an assumption, as it is more likely that the Pandora just drowns in the pile of different hardware (be it from big players or cheap chinese manufacturer) that is available via eBay (thinkgeek seems a more viable option in that matter). I also haven't seen much requests specifically asking for availablilty on  eBay - why would anyone want to buy their Pandora specifically from eBay anyway ?

Back