Current status?

laserbeams

The status page has not been updated in over a month, so I ask here.

How many Pandoras has GC produced and delivered?

How many paid preorders from batch 1 and 2 are left on your list and Craig's list, if you know?

What is the biggest (perceived?) bottleneck to production as it goes right now?

Thank you for your time and dedication, ED.

769 unit produced and delivered from GC so far, 500 more PCBs are finished and currently being assembled into cases by GC.

No bottleneck right now.

The only bottleneck I can imagine would be less sales - so keep spreading the word. The faster we can sell, the faster every old preorderer will get his / her Pandora :)

Is GC Pandora Production on targeted speed now? I mean 250 or so Units per Month.

250 per month would be slow. Up until two weeks ago, we were at slow speed, and that was 100 per week (so 400 per month).

We could do 200 per week now, but with the next batch of bare PCBs (the first 1000 which can be used with fullspeed) will arrive in 4 weeks and we only got 500 populated PCBs left, there's not much sense in doing 100 - 150 per week until the next PCBs arrive.

But that means... in 4 weeks, we can go with 200 per week if neccessary. Nice :)

ED, at the risk of being annoying I'll repeat the part of the original question you didn't answer.

How many of the original pre-orders are still left in your queue?

I'm assuming you have no idea how many Craig has, and god knows he has been avoiding this question for a while...

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

ED, at the risk of being annoying I'll repeat the part of the original question you didn't answer.

How many of the original pre-orders are still left in your queue?

Ah, right, forgot about this one.

About 145 from Batch 1 and 160 from Batch 2 left. Next 30 will be informed that their unit is ready within this week :)

I'm thinking that too. Can we run some ads on google?

Also, just curious, why exactly does it take so long to get the consoles to the pre-orders when some other people are already getting theirs?

You mean the old preorders?

Well, after CC killed 1000 PCBs, there was no money left.

So any profit made right now from new units or accessories is being used to finance the units for the classic preorderers.

About 30 out of 100 units go to classic preorders, the remaining 70 go to new customers.

So even if I had 200 lying in stock, I cannot send them all to classic preorderers, but have to sell 140 of those so that 60 classic preorderers get their unit.

Sounds like things are moving well.. But being a classic pre orderer from April 2010, I fear I will be one of the last to receive mine :(

Sounds like things are moving well.. But being a classic pre orderer from April 2010, I fear I will be one of the last to receive mine :(

Well, you can always upgrade to get it right away. Any additional money helps us to produce new classic preorders as well (and decrease the 300K EUR debt CC has caused us :( ( )

Thank you ED, your answers are much appreciated. Not sure how I missed the numbers from the beginning of the linked thread!

As a very late first batch Craig-shop orderer who has no money to upgrade, the new/old ratio numbers are a bit disheartening, but it's good to hear that sales continue at a steady pace. I wish you guys all the best.

Thanks ED, as always, you step up to the plate and deliver the truth...

I only wish Craig was as forthcoming with information...

I ordered around October 7th 2008 from his store (I remember the date as it was the day my daughter was born) and I still have no idea when I would get mine...

I must admit I am sorry I didn't order from your store instead... knowing what I do today about both of you, I trust you much more to deliver on your promises.

Keep it up!

I'm hoping that I'm in the next batch sent to Craig, as I've upgraded my September 2010 pre-order in March. (Queue #99)

So, as a late batch 2 preoderer with no more spare money to give, I can hope that my Pandora'll come with 2GHz SoC and 1GB RAM and we are not talking about two months here anymore, right?

So, as a late batch 2 preoderer with no more spare money to give, I can hope that my Pandora'll come with 2GHz SoC and 1GB RAM and we are not talking about two months here anymore, right?
Yeah, It'll also come with a free 512GB SDXC card full of licensed game roms :)

Weeeell, as 512MB is the biggest available RAM size for our PoP form factor and 1GHz is highest available compatible SoC... this is pretty unlikely ;)

Back