Orders, Orders Everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for an ISP (said too much already :rolleyes:)

If we get too much grief from someone we give them a migration code and tell them to find another provider. You get 80% of problems come back from the same 10% of customers.

These are people that take the piss and moan about everthing, people that time how long an email takes to send and be recieved by the recipient!, people who moan that they get slow speeds on bittorents, but everything else is fine. Not worth the hassle, goodbye.

If there is a genuine problem then it gets resolved and you probably never hear from them again.

Just by getting rid of a few of the whingers, productivity is up, profits are up, more time to work on new stuff and everybody is a lot less stressed :D

Just think about that the next time you need to complain :ph34r:

Well, there's a couple differences. Firstly, Craig is selling something you can't buy really anywhere else unless you wanna order from a place further away.

Secondly he's been pretty understanding considering what some of the people on here have said to him, and some of it's been pretty STUPID and UNNEEDED.

Thirdly, for the time and effort he's put into getting all this sorted out and for all the crap he's had to put up with, I hope he makes a LOT of money from it all, cause I'd hate to think he's only getting a bit of profit from all this.

And finally, if you have nothing nice to say, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying NO ONE WANTS TO READ YOU. Especially if it's bashing or non-constructive.

Well, there's a couple differences. Firstly, Craig is selling something you can't buy really anywhere else unless you wanna order from a place further away.

Secondly he's been pretty understanding considering what some of the people on here have said to him, and some of it's been pretty STUPID and UNNEEDED.

Thirdly, for the time and effort he's put into getting all this sorted out and for all the crap he's had to put up with, I hope he makes a LOT of money from it all, cause I'd hate to think he's only getting a bit of profit from all this.

And finally, if you have nothing nice to say, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying NO ONE WANTS TO READ YOU. Especially if it's bashing or non-constructive.

well if he has shipped 800 and is making a tenner per unit, thats not bad for a couple of months worth of work. I'm not sure about all the shippin costs, VAT etc will be costing but didnt i see a korean sale price of the equivalent of £80-£90?.

Last edited by a moderator:
TOTALLY LAME!!!!!!

What is this, the "Craig's Good-Old Boy Club"? The "I sucked up to Craigix and All I got Was a Late GP2X order" clique?

Give me a break. People complaining about holes in YOUR service == An opportunity to IMPROVE YOUR service!

Craig, I've got a clue for you about business, buddy: The Customer Is Always Right!

Acting like some kind of fascist dictator kindergarten teacher, denying kids their juice, just because YOU are tired from operating YOUR business in such a poor fashion, is NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

I am so, so glad I did not place an order through Craig. What a dick. I don't care how much of a "God" he is in this community, if he's taking orders and making money, he should act like a professional, and COMMUNICATE with his customers, not make them wrong for asking when, exactly, they can expect to be serviced, and provided with the product they PAID for.

Its NOT professional to expect your customers to 'excuse your behaviour', just because you've apparently been 'up all night shipping boxes'. Big DEAL! Get your act together Craig: EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU'VE ACCEPTED MONEY FROM DESERVES AN INDIVIDUAL RESPONSE, no matter how hard it is.

This looks like an opportunity for competition, to me. Perhaps there ought to be vendors other than Craig providing these consoles .. I certainly am taking note for future reference; clearly GBAX are amateur, at best, when it comes to SERVICE.

Take a look at http://gbax.com/ . I've got the feeling that all the important information is listed there. Craig does communication pretty well. The only people who don't are some of his customers. I really don't understant the problem people have with Craig. What I do understand is that he does get fed up with this crap.

Take a look at http://gbax.com/ . I've got the feeling that all the important information is listed there. Craig does communication pretty well. The only people who don't are some of his customers. I really don't understant the problem people have with Craig. What I do understand is that he does get fed up with this crap.

i checked gbax, and it says this:

Nov 22nd: The GP2X is a runaway success - we are shipping orders as fast as we possibly can, including taking on extra staff. Please try to be patient and check gp32x.de forums.

so .. what can you say about this message, which says that people should use the gp32x.de forums?

theoretical customer A places an order with gbax.com, goes to gbax.com to get news updates, gets referred to gp32x.de, places a question to craig about their order on the forum, and .. they get their ORDERS CANCELLED??!! WTF??!!

GBAX service is WHACK! i don't care if they are the 'central distribution hub for GPH stuff', they shouldn't be treating their customers so poorly! if you've got a customer, tell them their order status: don't just lazily direct them to the 'general community' for answers about the status of their order; communicate with your customers, directly, craig, for heavens sake!

totally out of control.

He says CHECK not post every single problem you have with him on the forums.
Here is an example:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=21996&hl=

How do you know that he isn't trying to communicate with the customers that have ordered? Are you one of them? This is a public forum, anyone can post something here. I could say that my GP2X was delayed because craig didn't like me on the forums. No one can prove or disprove me.

Have you also considered that the people that are complaining may only be a tiny % of the customers that have ordered from him? It is impossible to keep everyone happy. Not everyone who orders is a member of gp32x and the ones that are happy with the service dont post becuase they dont need to.

communicate with your customers, directly, craig, for heavens sake!
Well, how about the customers ask questions directly to craig rather then post on forums then?? There is a phone number, email and postal address to use.

Craig, I've got a clue for you about business, buddy: The Customer Is Always Right!

Acting like some kind of fascist dictator kindergarten teacher, denying kids their juice, just because YOU are tired from operating YOUR business in such a poor fashion, is NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

I am so, so glad I did not place an order through Craig. What a dick. I don't care how much of a "God" he is in this community, if he's taking orders and making money, he should act like a professional, and COMMUNICATE with his customers, not make them wrong for asking when, exactly, they can expect to be serviced, and provided with the product they PAID for.

Its NOT professional to expect your customers to 'excuse your behaviour', just because you've apparently been 'up all night shipping boxes'. Big DEAL! Get your act together Craig: EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU'VE ACCEPTED MONEY FROM DESERVES AN INDIVIDUAL RESPONSE, no matter how hard it is.

This looks like an opportunity for competition, to me. Perhaps there ought to be vendors other than Craig providing these consoles .. I certainly am taking note for future reference; clearly GBAX are amateur, at best, when it comes to SERVICE.

Just thought I would say that mine arrived about 10 minutes ago.

Never complained, never slagged anyone, never sucked upto anyone.

Just had belief in the inherant good nature of our community and waited my turn.

No need for anger. Anger leads to pain, pain leads to hate, hate leads to misery, misery leads to the Dark Side..... and getting your order cancelled.

Happy moaning. I hope you all feel better for it. :)

For those reading this who are just genuinely concerned about information regarding their GP2X dispatch and not so concerned with publicly debating GBAX, it really is worthwhile not posting here and just emailing them directly with your order number and date of order. I did that yesterday and received a reply with the expected dispatch date within an hour! I haven't been around in the community for more than a week, so have no idea about the history of Craig/GBAX - but for those who are just concerned about their order, like I was until last night, then a quick email with your order info seems like a fairly quick method of finding out what you need to know.

macgyver61 Posted Today, 12:21 PM
For those reading this who is just genuinely concerned about information regarding their GP2X dispatch and not so concerned with publicly debating GBAX, it really is worthwhile not posting here and just emailing them directly with your order number and date of order. I did that yesterday and received a reply with the expected dispatch date within an hour! I haven't been around in the community for more than a week, so have no idea about the history of Craig/GBAX - but for those who are just concerned about their order, like I was until last night, then a quick email with your order info seems like a fairly quick method of finding out what you need to know.

Thank heavens for a voice of sanity. Welcome on board. Its not all lunacy here. :)

i think its fair to say that alot of people (especially who bought gp32s from him) are only buying from craig due the lack of anyone else offering the same service.

I certainly wouldnt buy from a retailer unless i had no choice whos already blatently sold me a product due to advertising based on little more than hopes and dreams.

Im sure ive no need to bring up the absolutly shocking blatent lies in the advertising of the gp32

It plays GBA games!

lol

I certainly would buy from a retailer whos already blatently sold me a product due to advertising based on little more than hopes and dreams.

Im sure ive no need to bring up the absolutly shocking blatent lies in the advertising of the gp32

It plays GBA games!

lol
Ouch!.. that's true .. I brought mine off review rather then the AD so my hopes werent that high....

Oh and I got a CD with mine.....

ooh..really...what was on it anything exciting ?

Tricky to say, I'm in Spain at the moment and my GP2X is in London!

Only got confirmation by PM on the board.

Will let you know once I know myself! :)

*Edit*

He tells me:

Emulators  Games  Hello.txt  Movies  Utils  sdk

./Emulators:
NeoGeo  c64  snes

./Emulators/NeoGeo:
NeoCD2.zip  loading.bmp  neocd.bin  neocd.gpe  ng-lo.rom  patch.prg  startup.bin

./Emulators/c64:
Frodo  Frodo.gpe  README_gp2x.txt  frodo2x-0.9.2.zip

./Emulators/snes:
filer.png  folder.png  game.png  loading.png  snesgp2x.gpe  snesgp2x.zip  zipped.png

./Games:
2XLines  Hexen  Quake  Quake2

./Games/2XLines:
LinesX.gpe  LinesXv2.tar.gz  runme.gpe

./Games/Hexen:
uhexen.gpe  uhexen.rar

./Games/Quake:
2xquake.zip  qlaunch.gpe  quake.gpe  readme.txt

./Games/Quake2:
2xquake2.zip  q2launch.gpe  readme.txt  sdlquake2.gpe

./Movies:
VIDEO5_GP2X.avi

./Utils:
Skin changer.zip  bgchange.zip  imgall.zip

./sdk:
devkitGP2X-win32.exe

Seems nice of them....... ;)

Apparently joystick is pre-loosened and latest firmware added.

Would seem like evidence of attention to customer requests at GBAX.

Noteworthy I might suggest.......

I have no problem with craig's service. I already ordered my GP32 BLU from gbax.com. He even asked me, if I want to have replaced it because of a pixel error. He was stressed and tired and I can understand his reaction to these posts. He replied to all my Mails on the SAME day. THATS service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back