Orders, Orders Everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but i have to disagree, what Craig has done is childish and petty. thats no way to run a business. And it is a business. Lets not forget Craig is doing this to make a profit not out of the kindness of his heart. In the meantime i shall patiently wait for mine to arrive, ordered around the 9th, it doesnt matter to me anyway, i dont get to play with it until christmas day ;)

Personally I would have done the same, you dont want to spend a lot of your time dealing with just one customer when you have hundreds more to deal with. You just deal with the problem the quickest way as possible (whether it is right or wrong) and then move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
... and to be honest, craig was REALLY tired today... you should've seen the ICQ chat I had with him :)

He's doing all he can - even testing the units!
Have you ever seen a company testing a batch? Nope, they simply delay everything and wait until they get 100% working units.

Though I also have to agree there are not many updates on the page, I DO know how much he worked and how less sleep he had, as I had regular ICQ chats with him. That's why I can't blame him.

Besides testing and shipping, he also had to deal with GPH daily, to try to get more and more units.

Everything will work fine when the gp2x will be produced in a regular way (that is, I guess, after the official launch January 2006).

Until then, all preorder-shops (craig, gp32z.com, me, etc.) have A LOT of stress and are totally overworked, so please be a little patient with us, mmmkay?

Ordered on the 11th Oct, got my confirmation email earlier tonight. If it arrives in the next couple of days I'll be a very happy bunny :)

So much hot air, flustering and name calling going on atm, no idea why. Small(ish) company producing the units and small one distributing. Just need people to all take a chill pill and just let the thing happen ;)

The society of instant anything nowadays.. some are just a little frustruated that they are waiting longer then they thought and it blinds to see what could be going on behind the scenes.

I wonder did this happen with the launch of the GP32?

Thanks, Craigix, for putting in a ton of effort. This is my first time pre-ordering something, and so far, live forum updates have really helped me with peace of mind. Thanks.

Oh, and since CaBBage got his email today, and he ordered his on the 11th of October, I should be getting mine soon. Sounds like he is a few hours ahead of me.. Can't wait.

Alibee,

Your order has been cancelled and your card refunded since you were unhappy with the service. I believe this is the most simple and easy way to sort this out as I just don't have *any* time at the moment. I have been awake almost 48 hours, and we have almost reached the end of October (infact after some sleep we will be into december I hope).

I suggest you order from liksang since according to their site they will have stock on the 30th.

-Craig

and PS these are all still from the first batch 'first edition', GP just split up the shipment.
Fair enough... I put the number up wondering if you would be petty enough to cancel the order... it was a test... which you failed.

I have been less than impressed by the misinformation on your website order page, by your lacksadaisical attitute to communication with your customers and, in fact, by the very confrontational tone of some of the posts you have made in this forum. Personally I would rather not deal with you. I think both you and your company have some growing-up you need to do!

If you think that way, don't ever order things before they are out again, especially not things made by a small foreign company. <_<

Hey,

Craigix is alright in comparison.

I got my order in with Lik-Sang at the start of november, and a week before they come into stock, they cancel everyones orders.

So, now I have no preorder. So it makes me wonder. If by some miricle, I work out how to use the gbax payment page, will I get it before christmas?

@ all the dissenting voices:

This is a hobby, people are doing stuff because they enjoy it. I am getting sick and tired of the same old drivel being trollyed out by people sitting on their backsides waiting for something to drop into their laps. All you are doing is throwing money at something and waiting for it to materialise.

You aren't even prepared to speak politely to someone you have probably never met or spoken to in any way more than over the internet, who is trying to do you a favour because you asked him to. I have never met Craig and any of his team and neither am I likely to. I would hope that some of you remember some manners. Is this how you treat all relative strangers who haver offered to do something for you at little or no profit to themselves. They aint going to retire on what they are making and I for one am fairly disgusted at the attitude of some people here.

I am happy to get my unit when I get it and in the mean time am enjoying seeing how other people in the community are enjoying theirs.

If this is the stress you all get into over a 150 quid toy, heaven help you trying to buy a house, deal with a mother in law or anything of real importance in life.

Get a bloody grip will you!?

Right thats my little rant over with.

And relax...... ;)

Welp, I bet a lot of people holding off, keeping silent and deciding where to order from have re-directed their orders away from this vendor after that! :p

Seriously, while this is a whiney community, it's also your customer base Craigx. That's no way to run a railroad.

The best thing to do would have been to quite frankly ignore the post at worst, or at best said somthing along the lines of ' real busy i'll update when I can'. A petty soup-nazi cancellation = loss of much more then that one customer.

I can sympathize with being frazzled, but first rule of life and business is this: Don't sh!t where you eat.

Which is why ignoring it was also perfectly valid. The community wouldn't hold that against him. This....the silent lurkers and 'wait a couple monthers' probablly will.

Speaking as another small business owner, the satisfaction gained from slam-dunking a whiner in public does not offset the extra Kraft Dinner you feed your family to make up for the ancillary losses.

so we must all kiss craigs ass and play nice else we`ll have our orders canceled ? thats certainly an `interesting` way to run a business.....

.....a business is what it is, Its not like we are asking for a few machine, and its not as is hes doing it out of the kindness of his hard. He wants our money

Money which people generally have to work fairly hard to get

so we must all kiss craigs ass and play nice else we`ll have our orders canceled ? thats certainly an `interesting` way to run a business.....

.....a business is what it is, Its not like we are asking for a few machine, and its not as is hes doing it out of the kindness of his hard. He wants our money

Who said anything about kissing his arse?

It seems a few people here seem to think there is no middle ground. I haven't said a word for or against him.

Presumably if you work "fairly hard" for your money you would expect some degree of understanding for the work you have done by the people who are paying you for what ever service you have provided. By the same token if Craig wants your money its because he is attempting to provide a service to you.

Do unto others mate....,don't be a hypocrite.

lol, are you insane. working 48hrs without sleep is not a generally hard effort to earn money. It's beyond the normal level of dedication. If he was working for a company they would be sending him a ham or something in appriciation for all the hard work and effort.

But because he is only working for himself, the only appriciation he'll get will be from us comunity members. He has no obligation to get orders out any faster then a normal store owner is obligated to spend more then a few hours a day packaging.

Could people stop complaining, I think he's doing a heroic job. For a lot of us, the 100+ hours weeks of work will be what will get us our GP2Xs shipped. What more could you possible ask of him? And so you blame him for cancelling the order? I wouldn't want to piss off someone that has had that little sleep. ;)

Well i also work selling computer hardware, and if i started canceling orders for anyone who showed some dissatisfaction in the product,order time,repair time or anything else that customers like to bitch about, well then i best start queueing up at the dole office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back