Orders, Orders Everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well how about communicating with the company directly rather then a public forum. There are no two ways about this. Either you treat the ordering as though it's a business and deal with issues the correct way (ie direct via phone email or post) or you treat it as a community thing and have a more laid back attitude towards it on the forums.

Just because craigx is a regular poster on gp32x doesnt mean you can spam the boards everytime you think there is something wrong or you have an issue with his company.

Well maybe we could directly email GBAX but we all know that would consume far more time than someone creating a thread that would satisfy hundreds. Besides GBAX site directly links people to this forum for shipping information... so it's hardly going about it the wrong way.

Oddly enough I was trying to do them a favour... I wasn't after a to-the-minute estimate of when my order will be dispatched but a general idea :)

Sure, I can email the company... and so can everyone else... I bet it takes longer to answer all the emails than to post a decent schedule here.

Also emailing the company does not address my issues with the fact that misleading information was and still is (as of 5 minutes ago) being shown on the web-site order page.

Hi everybody is some of this stressing in orders cancelled etc. to do with me making a big mistake (look for my "sorry" topic) he didn't cancel my order (thank God) so maybe less stressing is in order.
What difference does a few days/ weeks make when gp2x is already launched - it just means theres more stuff for it and better firmware updates.

We gotta get outta here-

Also emailing the company does not address my issues with the fact that misleading information was and still is (as of 5 minutes ago) being shown on the web-site order page.

And I'm sure most people know that craig is violating the Trade Descriptions Act, and therefore breaking the law.

Don't hurt me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but all I see is please check on GP2X.com forums, not post issues here... if you have an issue with a company, you deal with it directly as you would with any other company.. If he had his own forum section then that's completely different.

Feedback on a company is a completely different matter but in the OP post, he/she directly addressed craigx/gbax.

Things will be done when they are done, no sooner no later. If you are that fed up then just cancel. Simple.

edit: you mean this piece of text?

The first batch of GP2X consoles is shipping this week, but its very limited. Order now to get one from that batch.

I agree with above, but I don't want to trouble them with e-mails while they're shipping consoles.

@matt goode: Really really.

Maybe he's thinking main customers= gp32 owners and they ordered first so they will know that the offending line has been there since people payed attention to whatever crap I was babbling on about.

"Oh wow it's against the law, better get the old colonial hunting hat and shooting stick out it's not like you ever downloaded an illegal rom file"

We gotta get outta here-

lol you aint ganna be getting a gp2x any time soon mate, ps. dont badmouth Craigx, he's done absolutely MASSIVE favours to the gp community, hence, he is very powerful in the gp world  :) so watch what you sat to / about him, ok?

So your implying that because someone sends craig there order number they are " not going to be getting one anytime soon". This doesnt bode well for your friends business my friend.....businesses are run on maturity not immature silly threats about being " massive " on forums.

I advise you stop implying what craig will and wont do. As i posted earlier no one is cussing etc...and if craig is a business man he will realize that all customers have valid points.

I agree though lets not spam this forum any longer and if anyone is that desperate to know email the company at hand.

Me i ordered on the 19th of november so i know im in for a big wait.....no big deal.

I have nothing but praise for Craig and his team, when i have called phoned him in the past I have always had a nice (and well informed) lady answer the phone and she has always been able to help with any enquiries I have had. I got my GP2X this morning (a little buggy) but hey, I still love it. (even if the postman did get me up at 7am on my day off to deliver it)

Give the guy a break, I'm sure he is doing his utmost to get all these machines out to everyone who ordered them.

Keep up the great work Craig and team.

Emailing the company direct did not work for me, got no response plus I ordered and paid for my unit on 17th Sept and have not received a confirmation email or received my GP2X into my hands as of yet even though others who ordered after me have received theirs. Would be nice of they would at least answer my email.

"Oh wow it's against the law, better get the old colonial hunting hat and shooting stick out it's not like you ever downloaded an illegal rom file"

Firstly, let's assume I never downloaded an illegal rom file *innocent look*.

Secondly, I really don't give a damn. I was misled, admittedly, but not far, and besides, if I wasn't I'd not have ordered yet, and that would be bad. I was just stating a fact.

I think it's just people (like me) being impatient for their hardware, after all, we've already paid our £130/$200/180€ (quite a big investment), and haven't got anything yet, not even professional customer service.

And both my bank account and gaming desk seem to have something missing, which is not a good thing.

Alibee,

Your order has been cancelled and your card refunded since you were unhappy with the service. I believe this is the most simple and easy way to sort this out as I just don't have *any* time at the moment. I have been awake almost 48 hours, and we have almost reached the end of October (infact after some sleep we will be into december I hope).

I suggest you order from liksang since according to their site they will have stock on the 30th.

-Craig

and PS these are all still from the first batch 'first edition', GP just split up the shipment.

I got my GP2X this morning (a little buggy) but hey, I still love it. (even if the postman did get me up at 7am on my day off to deliver it)

Wow, that's harsh! I wish I had the luxury of being woken up with a GP2X at 7am, let alone a day off work... :rolleyes:

Extended lunch break tomorrow though, I think... (Presuming the GP2X turns up before 08:55) ;)

craigix if you are still on the board, if I have ordered on 17th Sept should I have received an email at this stage since I have been waiting patiently for one. Please put my mind at ease!

craigix if you are still on the board, if I have ordered on 17th Sept should I have received an email at this stage since I have been waiting patiently for one. Please put my mind at ease!

If you want him to talk to you, e-mail him and include your reference number. You'll get a reply within 24 hours I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back