Opinions On Owing 2 Other Handheld Consoles

dcpmark

Still Fresh
Sorry....should be OWNING 2 other handheld consoles, not OWING.....

I am a handheld game collector, and already own and display most handheld games systems. I have a GP32 and 2 GP2Xs, one stock for display and one modded with a N-Gage joystick for play. My question is this: is there a reason to buy the SmartQ T5-II and the Dingoo A320 when I have excellent systems that do game emulation? Money is not a problem, but I don't want to necessarily purchase every Chinese PMP that comes out that happens to have built-in game emulation. I don't care about any features other than game playing, so as a straight game emulation machine, is anything these systems do that the GP2X doesn't do?

I am aware of the wireless controller feature for the SmartQ T5-II....very cool!

Thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:
I should add that my plan for my next purchase is going to be a Wiz, so I'm not sure if these other two consoles will add anything more.

As far as I know, no. I wouldn't bother, gotta draw the line somewhere.

The only problem I would see is that there is no exclusive content, emulator systems are only going to go so far, and will be replaced by better emu systems.

I had a SmartQ T5, it was ok. I would skip it if I was you. The emulators weren't that great. None of the Neo Geo games had sound which was the main reason I wanted it. Although it was a great media player. :)

'cherrycyanide' said:
I had a SmartQ T5, it was ok. I would skip it if I was you. The emulators weren't that great. None of the Neo Geo games had sound which was the main reason I wanted it. Although it was a great media player. :)
Thanks for the tip! In truth I was really considering the SmartQ T5 because of the wireless controller feature. I thought it would be fun to take on trips and hook up to a TV.

'craigix' said:
I think we need to adopt one of the PMPs here and develop for it. I like the 320.
But gamewise can the A320 do anything that the Wiz won't be able to do?

Back