OpenSource-WLAN-Treiber für Pandora?

wejp said:
Wenn ich das richtig sehe, wird im kommenden Linux 2.6.31 ein Treiber für den WLAN-Chip der Pandora integriert sein.

Ja, so soll es sein. Das Problem ist wohl, dass der Treiber noch nicht funktioniert wenn der Chip per SD-IO angebunden ist... Und das ist wohl bei der Pandora der Fall. Sobald das Problem gelöst ist sollten wir also anständigen WLAN-Support mit allem drum und dran haben.

eworm said:
wejp said:
Wenn ich das richtig sehe, wird im kommenden Linux 2.6.31 ein Treiber für den WLAN-Chip der Pandora integriert sein.

Ja, so soll es sein. Das Problem ist wohl, dass der Treiber noch nicht funktioniert wenn der Chip per SD-IO angebunden ist... Und das ist wohl bei der Pandora der Fall. Sobald das Problem gelöst ist sollten wir also anständigen WLAN-Support mit allem drum und dran haben.
Eigentlich eigenartig, dass der Chip per SDIO angebunden ist, ist doch SPI das erheblich simplere System. Es ist aber wohl nur eine Frage der Zeit, bis auch SDIO unterstützt wird.

Hey,

hab im englishen Board gestörbert und den Post hier gefunden:
DJWillis said:

Anyway, we actually have 2 open source options so I’ll give people a little background.

One is the TI WiLink 4 based ‘partial’ driver that was opened as part of the Google Android G1 release.

This driver is unfortunately a mess and really has no place in a modern system (ancient design architecture, lots of semi-bespoke shims, some really nasty bugs etc.).

We can use this driver if you don’t mind setting it up from one clunky user space app that crashes a lot and lacks solid support for things like WEP/WPA etc. – Really this driver is only of use for hardware validation not real use from users. Even after I hacked in Wireless Extensions support (yep, the driver is THAT old) it’s still not a driver I would want to use (sorry but I hate lots of nasty random mem leaks and errors).

The next open option is the WL12xx driver written by Kalle Valo of Nokia. This is a nice modern driver (MAC80211) and is already in Wireless-Testing (as of a few days ago) and on its way to mainline.

This driver was SPI only but a gent by the name of Bob Copeland added the start of SDIO support and we are working off that base to bring the driver up on the Pandora so we have a nice solid mainline driver to use that is actively developed, supports the Pandora out of the gate, and is easy to maintain.

As of now I have the WL2151 firmware loading on the Pandora with the new driver and lots of nice signs of life but the work is a little way away from passing traffic wink.gif (the Linux SDIO stack is causing me pain).

Not sure if that counts as an update :wink: .
Quelle: GP32x Board

Also haben sie den treiber von Kalle Valo genommen und schreiben den SDIO.
Ich hoffe doch das sie bis zur Auslieferung damit fertig werden, damit man direkt los starten kann :)

Back