OpenSnes9XGP 0.3 WIP

beside ASM and better speed, i would like to see someday
- in browser:
-Delete ROM function
-Rename and move function
-save the current clockspeed, so u dont have to set always
-"autostart" function, for example when you launch os9xgp.fxe and hold L it autostarts the rom xy which you set before. when holding no button it just goes to browser like always
-Set MOD background music (3-5 other mods to choose :) )

- ingame in options:
-Save SRAM (without having to go back to browser)
-a bit bigger screenshots in the savestates
-Screenshot function
-View Header and CRC of the ROM

Also, it would be nice to see the BS ROMs running. :)

jegHegy posted on Feb 22 2004 at 02:27 PM said:
i just got into SNES emulation lately, so i'm really looking forward to the next release (a lot of games i wanted to try are unplayable due to the multitap-bug). can't wait.
I'm using a workaround for the multitap bug that seems to work - take OS9xGP v0.1 (which doesn't have this issue to my knowledge), start the game, make a savestate at the title screen, then take v0.2 and keep playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
TandeM posted on Feb 22 2004 at 07:51 PM said:
jegHegy posted on Feb 22 2004 at 02:27 PM said:
i just got into SNES emulation lately, so i'm really looking forward to the next release (a lot of games i wanted to try are unplayable due to the multitap-bug). can't wait.
I'm using a workaround for the multitap bug that seems to work - take OS9xGP v0.1 (which doesn't have this issue to my knowledge), start the game, make a savestate at the title screen, then take v0.2 and keep playing.
thanks, that did the trick!

Damn it ! another emu so close to being perfect + then abandoned by its best coder damn damn damn damn damn looks like the asm core etc isn't going 2 happen now + i cant over clock past 133mhz :( though whats been done so far is very cool

yaustar posted on Feb 23 2004 at 07:46 PM said:
wasn't there three coders for the opensnes9xgp?
yea, but 0.2 was totally done by yoyo :eek:

omg yoyo are you still alive :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's still doing OS9X generally since it ought to be fairly easy to take across to the Zodiac anyway - since its got a very similar chip, so all the ASM will work on it. Maybe he wants to get 0.2 to be Z compliant though before he releases ver 0.3 of the GP32 one...?

I think a big "nooooooooooooooooo" is in order now :/

*prays* :)

Also, annoying as it would be if he does leave us, don't forget that this Snes emu IS open source, so it would at least theoretically be possible for someone else to pick up from where Yoyo and team left off in a way that was completely not possible with the old Snes9xgp

He has said on his website and these boards that a version 0.3 will be released.
Therefore, there is nothing so far to state that this will not happen.

We havent heard from him in a while though......

...the thing is even if OS9X is still open right NOW, I dont see anyone else even attempting to work on it themselves. Everyone relying on Yoyo and if he goes who has the guts or the know-how to try and follow his work?

Open source projects generally aren't 'submit it and people will flock to help me' operations. People who contribute to the project are usually using the code themselves and improved it for themselves, and are submitting a patch. For projects like games and emulators there has to be a dedicated team to do the improvements, most of the time unless one or two dedicated individuals pick it up.

Back