OpenSnes9XGP 0.3 WIP

Can the emulator remember control settings for individual ROM's? (along with the save states i guess)

**having to reconfigure controls everytime for unirally is a bitch

swayze! ;)

centrlink posted on Feb 5 2004 at 07:15 AM said:
Now that I've ordered a voltage-modded FLU from gbax, I'd really like opensnes to have a 172 mhz option :D
everything above 166mhz is as fast as 166 is, so its clueless to add 172, 180 and/or 188mhz option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfsclaw posted on Feb 7 2004 at 02:08 PM said:
centrlink posted on Feb 5 2004 at 07:15 AM said:
Now that I've ordered a voltage-modded FLU from gbax, I'd really like opensnes to have a 172 mhz option :D
everything above 166mhz is as fast as 166 is, so its clueless to add 172, 180 and/or 188mhz option.

OK, now I'm a little confused.

Does that mean that on www.cobbleware.com, the site of the chap who invented the voltage mod, he's incorrect when he says he got his GP32 to run at 170 mhz??

Enslaved posted on Feb 13 2004 at 11:32 PM said:
Howabout you make it so we can fill in the blank around the screen with borders like how the super gameboy did. It gets annoying looking at that.
Nice idea :)

Might make some people's units less stable though (my first GP overclocked to 166 as long as the resolution was no higher than 320x200; if the remaining 320x40 pixels were used as well, it crashed in about 10 mins), but once the ASM core is in there, which will hopefully bring the current 166 speed down to at least 133 speed (and hopefully much more, but you can't expect toooo much), it'd be really nice to have a supergameboy style background.

We could even have a competition to design ones for different games :D

I was just looking at the recently released SNES emu for the GBA and it has the following key mappings:
Y = B
X = L
B = A
A = R
L = Select+L
R = Select+R

I think these look pretty good and would be great for OpenSNES9x too.

I would like to see zelda, With the rain,And also the dark prts like when you rescue Princess Zelda and go to the sanctuary,Also Super Mario RPG .I havent yet seen it!

Edit: Also in the lost woods theres no smoke!

blipped4 posted on Feb 18 2004 at 09:00 PM said:
I would like to see zelda, With the rain,And also the dark prts like when you rescue Princess Zelda and go to the sanctuary,Also Super Mario RPG .I havent yet seen it!
i doubt mario rpg will b playable ever. althought theres always hope :). mario kart is actually playable now! :D

blipped4 posted on Feb 18 2004 at 09:29 PM said:
How do you know?No-one has ever played it on the gp32?
They hav i think. it uses super fx chip or whatever its called.

Edit:shocking punctuation :eek:

Another easy thing I'd like.... Make savestate zipping an option. Lots of times, I've needed to save & turn off really fast, but the zipping made it 2-3x slower than I needed....

That's not exactly true. With intellecto, there the final version took forever to come out and a lot of people thought that because it took a long time he was coding it a lot, but he actually took a lot of breaks from the coding and the end result was abysmal. The same might happen with 0.3. Yoyo might not even be coding this whole time, he might be taking a long break and filling in free time with coding.

Azure posted on Feb 22 2004 at 04:06 AM said:
That's not exactly true. With intellecto, there the final version took forever to come out and a lot of people thought that because it took a long time he was coding it a lot, but he actually took a lot of breaks from the coding and the end result was abysmal. The same might happen with 0.3. Yoyo might not even be coding this whole time, he might be taking a long break and filling in free time with coding.
The end result wasn't abysmal - a lot of games were perfectly playable sans sound. I managed to get about 2/3 of the way through Earthbound on it very enjoyably before OS9x came out and I started on Lufia 2 (since that plays so nicely with sound on it :D ). It was a good effort.

What was annoying was the hype that he put out at almost every release, and his refusal to release the source (which I can understand, but I don't agree with).

i just got into SNES emulation lately, so i'm really looking forward to the next release (a lot of games i wanted to try are unplayable due to the multitap-bug). can't wait.

I'm really looking forward to the next version :D Harvest Moon is unplayable at the moment but I hope it is playable with the new version. Harvest moon on the GP32 would rox :D

Keep up the good work :D

yeah, the multitap bug is annoying. Just started playing chronotrigger last night, speed seems almost perfect to me with FS 1. Not bad at all. The only thing that I particularly want to see is improved sound. Or alternatley the ability to play MP3's within the emulator, to make up for sound problems. That would be quite nice!

Back