OpenPandora - Crap Game Competition 2013

Works - almost a decent game now!

However, the multiple starts don't seem to work - I only see one entry in my menu, which activates the two player version. When I first started it from inside PND Manager, I got the AI version, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Edit: Seems it was a PND scan issue. Umounted and remounted my sd card and it's got the proper two entries now. I can confirm AI mode works from the menu now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Works - almost a decent game now!

However, the multiple starts don't seem to work - I only see one entry in my menu, which activates the two player version. When I first started it from inside PND Manager, I got the AI version, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Edit: Seems it was a PND scan issue. Umounted and remounted my sd card and it's got the proper two entries now. I can confirm AI mode works from the menu now.
That's odd. :\
Does anybody know, how I have to setup a PXML file, that both entries are seeable in the menu? :\

Does anybody know, how I have to setup a PXML file, that both entries are seeable in the menu? :\
It's working already - as I said I didn't see it at first because my Pandora had decided not to update the menu from the old version, which it does sometimes. An unmount and remount sorted it, so now I get entries 'Hase Prototype against AI' and 'Hase Prototype against Player' and they both work as expected. Just my pandora playing up, as it does sometimes, and not just for your game.

It's working already - as I said I didn't see it at first because my Pandora had decided not to update the menu from the old version, which it does sometimes. An unmount and remount sorted it, so now I get entries 'Hase Prototype against AI' and 'Hase Prototype against Player' and they both work as expected. Just my pandora playing up, as it does sometimes, and not just for your game.
Ah! I got this wrong. Wonderful, that it works. :D

But but but it's not crap! ;)
Of course it is!
  • No music
  • No menu
  • No fancy 3D animations
  • No highscore
  • No "you won" or "you lost" screen
  • No network play
  • Only two bunnies
  • Only two players
  • hacky physics
  • only one weapon
  • shitty AI
Okay, I admit, it has more feature than even I thought at beginning for a prototype...I started with a small prototype about gravitation, destroying and stuff and had this little man in my ear:

"Come on... Textures look greeeat."

"Do you remember these borders from Worms? Implement them. NOW!"

"Hey, I have an idea about AI... It's easy... Just this feature and you can stop..."

However: The prototype is done now. ;)

Foxblock pointed me to some discrepancies in the prototype.

• It doesn't make much fun, if you see the whole track before you shoot
  • You can only shoot the ground, not other rabbits
In fact I knew about this problems, but intended to ignore them, because prototype you know?
However, I implemented them nevertheless. ^^'

Furthermore you can stand on other bunnies, yeah!

(There is a "tunnel" bug. If your ceiling is quite near, you can jump in it. Ignore it. Don't cheat with this. Don't tell me. :p )

Like yesterday: My toolchain for the pandora is at home, so a last™ update in some hours.

greetings Ziz

Hmm, I still don't get it. Passing slowly through the people does nothing, nor does gently touching down on the pad they're standing next to (with zero horizontal speed).

o_O thats strange! I've tested the file from the repo again, and my heli landed on the platform. I can not reproduce this bug.... i will try more often, to see if there is a bug... 

Back