Openhandhelds Relaunch

derdritte

Still Fresh
I've been working on a PHP-project to replace the perl-script currently running on openhandhelds.org.
Pretty much all features should be completed and I am now looking for some freaks to try to break it.
If you succeed tell me how you did it and I will fix it.

I'd like the userlevel to be tested first, after a while some mods would be nice.
This is still beta, so some leaks may occur, please don't put in any sensitive information (including e-mail, comments, file-content and so on) in any forms (your password will be sha256 encrypted, so that should be fine).
It is also highly likely that this database will be nuked once the testing is done, so don't rely on your data being there tomorrow.

If you're interested, check out http://derdritte.net/fileget/.
For feedback either post here or send me an email at admin@derdritte.net.

Thanks,
derdritte

Looks nice. And seems to work very smoothly.

I'm not too savvy when it comes to web development. What benefits will this bring over the old version of the site?

Looks clean. Nice.

Could you add an Option, that a developer can Update uploaded App-Desc. from his own Port/Game, if he does not uploaded it? Thats my problem on handheld archive. I post my ports in my Blog to get hits, but some people think they have to upload it to handheld archive.

Thats not a problem, but often the desc. is not correct and people can't ask me directly.

Nice i like it :) i did manage to let it error though :) Not sure what i did

i first tried to add the test 123 html entry to see if it accepted html code (it did not) but i noticed double quotes get escaped so then i tried to add a comment like this test " " and gotten the error below :

Warning: Wrong parameter count for nl2br() in /home/.sites/506/site271/web/fileget/functions.php on line 1297

You should talk to evildragon to make this a standard :)

edit : the error always happens when i add a comment so something is wrong with the comment system :)
it also happens when i go to the user section and click on my comment
also the entry where i posted a comment can not be viewed afterwards anymore (i'll post a comment in the test 123 html section) so you can investigate :)

just surf to : http://www.derdritte.net/fileget/file/7 you'll see what i mean :)

That's great! I think the old archive was left unmaintained. There was something I always hated about it, I am not sure I can tell exactly, either some bugs or some functionality I didn't like. It's time for a new refurbished archive.

ozzuneoj said:
Looks nice. And seems to work very smoothly.

I'm not too savvy when it comes to web development. What benefits will this bring over the old version of the site?
Some features have been added, but mostly keeping up with the technology.
It has a better folder-structure, source-files will now be attached to the file that has been uploaded and everything is XHTML and CSS valid.
Or should be.

joyrider said:
Warning: Wrong parameter count for nl2br() in /home/.sites/506/site271/web/fileget/functions.php on line 1297
Yeah, that was just a PHP-version mixup. Fixed now.

Please register and upload some test-stuff so I can stress-test all this stuff.
Thanks.

derdritte

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Works fine when browsing around. I don't have time to try it more right now, but might give it shot when time allows.

i also like the feeling of the reworked archive. one issue - when i click on the paypal link, i get a cross-site-scripting warning from firefox.

I clicked on pandora icon then "Upload", selected the latest omap-sdl.zip on my HD, but if I want to select a category it shows subcategories of "Caanoo" which there aren't too many anyway. You should add those of the real archive.

I tried submit it anyway (without discription, just the title), but it just returns to the blank fill-in-page again.

If I press "Upload" once more, it shows the same "Step 2 of 4" - page. I have to press "Cancel" to return to the uploadpage again. For my feeling it should cancel if I click "Upload", too.

I hope it helps a little.

crow_riot said:
i also like the feeling of the reworked archive. one issue - when i click on the paypal link, i get a cross-site-scripting warning from firefox.
What OS and version of firefox are you using?

Schnatterplatsch said:
I clicked on pandora icon then "Upload", selected the latest omap-sdl.zip on my HD, but if I want to select a category it shows subcategories of "Caanoo" which there aren't too many anyway. You should add those of the real archive.

I tried submit it anyway (without discription, just the title), but it just returns to the blank fill-in-page again.

If I press "Upload" once more, it shows the same "Step 2 of 4" - page. I have to press "Cancel" to return to the uploadpage again. For my feeling it should cancel if I click "Upload", too.

I hope it helps a little.
Yeah, I am going to put in a warning and some labels of stuff you have to fill in, but this behaviour is wanted.
The thing is that I made the upload-process session-dependent. So unless you yourself cancel it or your session times out the site will patiently bug you about completing the upload.

I simply didn't add the "old" categories yet because ideally I can write a converter that dumps the old database-values into the new one.
Also now there really is only the very annoying work left, so I am trying to do it one piece of annoyance at the time.

derdritte said:
crow_riot said:
What OS and version of firefox are you using?

i'm on win7/64 bit, firefox version 3.6.12; i just tried it again, it doesn't happen anymore now :huh:

Maybe you should add a topic in the WiZ / Pandora sections as well. I think, there are far more people there... and an updated, debugged filearchive would be something great. The appstore seems to be pretty dead, too.

Hi,

The upload wizard is very cool. It's a good way to be sure, you won't have to upload it 10 times (like on apps.openpandora.org) until you have all the field right.

My wishes :
- an optional link to a thread on the forum ( for feedback/bug repport)
- a way to state the original authors and porter in 2 distinct fields
- upload allow for *.pnd file (pandora specific, but requiered imho)
- when uploading a pnd, use the PXML happended to fill the second step of the wizard
- ability to upload to the pandora section would be cool too.

That's all for now

Maybe there can be a collapsible area for the detailed changelog (something I think people don't put on their apps enough) and then the general description is separate. Also, I'm missing the preview pics on mouse over.

Looking great though.

I added a comment in the Pandora section thread. Namely, unlike the current File Archive, it will be almost unusable by people who access it from a Pandora.

(also, I agree about missing the preview pics on mouseover)

Everybody, please keep it coming. I am not here over the weekend, but when I return I'll check all threads, compile a list and let it flow into the rewrite.

Back