Openbor V2.0691 For Gp2x

Yod4z

OpenBor let you play more and more beat'em up game because it's an beat'em up engine game.
SamuraiX posted on Mar 29 2007 at 05:44 AM said:
Official Release v2.0691 is now out! So here it is.... But... you do need to be registered in order to download.

http://www.lavalit.com

Well without further hesitation......

By SX:

1. Dynamic Animation Frame Memory Manager (No more Frame Limits and Also reduces memory by HALF!!!)
2. Memory utilizations in system options menu (shows how much memory is being utilized by your mod)
3. Controller I/O interface redesigned for PSP (Thinking of wifi mulitplayer next on the list).
4. XBoX now uses Sprite Flip Technique.
5. XBoX now supports 4 Player Control.
6. XBoX now stablilzed, no more random crashing!
7. XBoX hardcoded paths removed default.xbe anywhere with the included folders!
8. GP2X now RUNS!
9. GP2X now uses Sprite Flip Technique.
10. GP2X now uses Filecaching for faster file loading.
11. GP2X now uses open2x dev environment.
12. GP2X now uses SDL Hardware acceleration
13. Unified Libraries for all platforms!
14. New LINUX platform Identical to Windows version took me a whole 2 minutes to port it!
[cut]
SamuraiX posted on Mar 29 2007 at 05:44 AM said:
However the Linux platform is not included at the moment until i get to work since its the only place were i have a linux machine available..... But don't tell anybody.....

Delete settings.sav for both PSP and XBoX due to new controller layout!

New or Updated Commands

knife and playshotno can now both be used together!

Character's text file under command anim.

quakeframe:
--positive means old style quake.
--negative value means new style extreme quake.

Next 2 go under levels.txt

timeicon - is used as the lower layer for the countdown of the timer. That means while the digits are counting down they are on top of this icon. You modders can now draw a nice little box with the word time or something of the sorts instead of the default white box.

timeicon path/to/icon.cfg x y

bgicon - is used as the lowest layer. That means its used for masking or whatever technique you choose. Player(s) or Enemy(s) status will be placed over bgicon.

bgicon path/to/icon.cfg x y

By uTunnels:

1. Script Engine!
2. Free Command system removed since we have script engine!

New or Updated Commands

blockade as a spawn entry command refer to link:
http://www.lavalit.com/forum/index.php?top...3.msg265#msg265

blockade {position}
at {position}
It works in a direction-both level, set the left most edge.

And scrollz command:

scrollz {min} {max}
at {position}
This command sets min and max z autoscroll position, only works in direction-both/left/right levels.

Indivigual Palettes per level.
I've made some dynamic palette in each level.

That is, you can set up to 40 palettes in each level using command palette.

palette {path_to_a_act_file}

Similar to panels, they are indexed, 1st is 1, 2nd is 2, ...etc

You can use setpalette command as a spawn entry, that is

setpalette {index}
at {position}

set index to 0 will change back to normal palette.

I planned to add this command in frames, but I'd leave it to see if it can be easily done by scripting. If so, i think you can made some background effects by changing default palette in mid-level.

Bug Fixes:

1. Enemies cant throw stars
2. Unsummonframe kill the summoner.
3. Enemies can run between walls even if there\'s no gap between them.
Adjust enemies/npcs\' speed while chasing, now they use normal speed.
New command maxwallheight {int} in levels.txt. Now players wont spawn onto a wall that is higher than that. It is default to 1000.
Hard checking for player spawn, so they won\'t spawn into holes even if the holes overlap.
4. Bug Fixes to Attack functions.
5. Air special is back!

By Tails:

1. GP2X now uses mmuhack.
2. nograb 2 on player to prevent him to grab any enemies or player.
3. I will try to repair blockratio code(is the one that is doing the problem on block).
4. Add all Darkbor features.
5. Repaired weapons code, now it dont cut animation anymore.

If I'm missing anything my fellow dev's let me know so i can update this post.

You can grab OpenBoR-v2.0691.rar in the Engine Section from the Download Center! (login need) or you can download it direcly from below ;)

You can donwload it directly Here (New version with Fix for large mods)

You can find some mod for playing GP32x archive or Bor revolution.[/cut] and SamuraiX's page (login need)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great release that every gp2x owner needs to try. If you tried an earlier version of samuraix's openbor port this one is much faster and even a good amount faster than lemon's port.

You can now play pretty much an mod released for openbor and the one that stands out as not being able to be played before but works great now is the full battletoads mod. great fun and different modes.

if the last openbor you tried was lemon's port there has been a fair amount of changes compared to that version of openbor. there is a much better .pak selector included with this release than with the earlier port. plus you can now resume and mod on the stage that you left off.

samuraix put a lot of work into this release even though he doesn't own a gp2x so be sure to thank him.

I also personally put a lot of effort into getting a good current port of openbor to gp2x since we were far behind with the engine updates and our openbor port had some bugs and problems and couldnt play some newer mods. that effort was just contacting devs and testing and giving suggestions so im not trying to take any credit. I'm just really happy that the effort paid off since we now have a current and very smooth running port of openbor wth which we can play almost any bor mods we want.

If you like the port be sure to donate to samuraix

Well make sure you update your link to include my site www.lavalit.com as well since i host every single mod ever created by man or dog....

There was a last minute bug fix... so depending on the time you downloaded the archive you might not have the version that includes the Linux Build. If that is the case.... Redownload the build from my site and grab your fix....lol

And who knows... maybe if i get enough change i will buy a gp2x........ :p

Its a customizable written in C beat'em up game engine. I think this man is asking for screenshots... so here are my favorite screenshots at the moment....

Some cool shots of an up and coming mod in the works by BonusJZ specifically made for both widescreen and fullscreen! You can see more images at my site of fullscreen in action!

Dungeons & Dragons

shot0033tn4.gif
s01662ea2.gif

copyofbor0165ta9.gif

bor0005aeu0.gif

bor0018pb4.gif

Hmm..... this just gave me an idea.... I wonder what other videomodes the Gp2X can handle even though its lcd display is only 320x240? But it does support tv out.... Widescreen perhaps... let me look at the sdk!

I think there's problem with larger games because of MMU Hack initialization. Here's the log for Asterix and Ceasars Challange:

Code:
Installing kernel module for Squidge MMU Hack...
MMU hack failed
OpenBoR v2.0691, Compile Date: Mar 29 2007

Weapons Version - WARNING: weapons require more memory
Mod creators are responsible for memory issues

Game Selected: ./Paks/Asterix And Caesars Challenge.pak

Finally we learn what OpenBor actually is. That's a huge problem with these forums. There's a big news item saying "BLAH version X.Y is released!" but without saying what BLAH actually IS.

SamuraiX posted on Mar 29 2007 at 07:40 PM said:
There was a last minute bug fix... so depending on the time you downloaded the archive you might not have the version that includes the Linux Build. If that is the case.... Redownload the build from my site and grab your fix....lol
I have redownload it thanks ;)

slygamer posted on Mar 30 2007 at 09:36 AM said:
Finally we learn what OpenBor actually is. That's a huge problem with these forums. There's a big news item saying "BLAH version X.Y is released!" but without saying what BLAH actually IS.
Yes, for that i have put "Openbor V2.0691 For Gp2x, Beat'em up engine" in the title, i have think Beat'em up will answer the question :(

techFreak posted on Mar 30 2007 at 01:46 AM said:
I think there's problem with larger games because of MMU Hack initialization. Here's the log for Asterix and Ceasars Challange:

Code:
Installing kernel module for Squidge MMU Hack...
MMU hack failed
OpenBoR v2.0691, Compile Date: Mar 29 2007

Weapons Version - WARNING: weapons require more memory
Mod creators are responsible for memory issues

Game Selected: ./Paks/Asterix And Caesars Challenge.pak

Did you use the supplied folder called system and mmuhack.o file that was included witin the archive? If you didn't you should have. Tester reported that the (mmuhack loading) was working fine but you do need to include it. Thats why i included system/mmuhack.o

Folder Layout should Look like this:

openbor
|
-->system/mmuhack.o
-->Paks/menu.pak
-->Logs
-->ScreenShots
-->Saves

Thanks for your hard work Samurai :) I love these types of games, always fun and addictive to play!

I wonder if the issue with the Asterix mod could be resolved, after all it was working on BOR on both the GP32 and GP2X, so perhaps it's fixable?

Yes the folder structure is the same. I also downloaded the file again and give it a try. But it didn't worked. Most of the large mods doesn't work because of this issue I think.

techFreak posted on Mar 30 2007 at 09:54 AM said:
Yes the folder structure is the same. I also downloaded the file again and give it a try. But it didn't worked. Most of the large mods doesn't work because of this issue I think.

I think you are right. Its because of mmuhack not being loaded and it was my fault. So i've fixed it.

Move mmuhack.o so that it is beside openbor.gpe and delete system folder and use this new executable. Then report back to see if bigger mods now load up.

So Grab the fix here or redownload the official release as it contains the fix as well: http://www.lavalit.com/forum/index.php?topic=163.0 and let me know!

Ecellent. Thanks this is good news. I have enjoyed playing beats of rage since I got my gp2x. I am not a keen on most beat'em up games but this is really good. Reminds me of the old Target Renegade game.

edit:In fact I just noticed a ton of modules I never even noticed before with Total Renegade. Cool

Thank you for your hard work SamuraiX :)

I downloaded the full package with the fix but still cannot get MegaMan Extreme v.2 pak to work! It works well under Windows, but never under gp2x! Any help please?

I must be an idiot, but I cannot figure out how to download this file. I can expand the node, and I see the zip files, but there's nothing to click (I registered first, too).

:(

snart posted on Apr 1 2007 at 07:44 AM said:
I must be an idiot, but I cannot figure out how to download this file. I can expand the node, and I see the zip files, but there's nothing to click (I registered first, too).

:(

Back