Open2X Liquido Skin

bomberman

I have added a conversion of my favorite skin from gmenu2x to Open2x.

You can get it at the archive.

Note: section image content I added is not working at the moment, trying to figure it out (worked in gmenu2x)

Instructions:

Copy open2xskin folder to root of SD
Select Explorer in applications
Navigate to sd/open2xskin
Run install_skin_Liquido.gpu
Select Skin option in settings, change to Liquido
Select Wallpaper option in settings, change to your preference

Enjoy your new skin

I have tested this on a GP2X F200 (FW 4.0.0) with a fresh install of open2x DR7.

original content: pedator

modifications: bman
- fixed needed imgs files
- renamed some necessary files
- added section image content
- (Action,Adventure,Arcade,DOSbox,Emulators,Java,Misc,Platform,Puzzle,Quake,Shooter)
- content ONLY installs to /usr/menu/skins

Additional wallpaper art:
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/downloads/rating/mobile_devices/cellphone_320x240/index1.html

Disclaimer:
Use this software as-is. I make no warranty to its functionality on YOUR hardware.
Feel free to modify any of the content AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This is a pretty handsome skin, I'll try it out..

I really need to add skin support to Open2X. Maybe I can contact predator and see if he approves including it in Open2X.

that'd be awesome. i suppose that wallpapers will load from the sd card too independently of the skins in use in future versions of open2x, (./.open2x_gmenu2x/wallpapers) so that anyone can create one without having to copy it to the nand memory.

BTW, vista.jpg doesn't work well, it bugs the last 16 lines,

i've a F200-B with Open2X DR7

laharl said:
hmm, just caught that too; will have to look at it; I still have a few fixes so there may be a 1.1 release in a while :)

All comments welcome; if there are other fixes I'll be glad to address them. Anybody know why the sections don't show up for the ones I included? I created them just fine for gmenu2x but they refuse to work in open2x. Is it a palette or bit issue? Other images seem to work fine (I changed the clock and mute for example)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks bman. Good work. I love Liquido skins too :rolleyes: :lol:

if you need special images, maybe i can help.

Senor Quack said:
This is a pretty handsome skin, I'll try it out..

I really need to add skin support to Open2X. Maybe I can contact predator and see if he approves including it in Open2X.

Sure you can. ^_^

laharl said:
that'd be awesome. i suppose that wallpapers will load from the sd card too independently of the skins in use in future versions of open2x, (./.open2x_gmenu2x/wallpapers) so that anyone can create one without having to copy it to the nand memory.

i've a F200-B with Open2X DR7

So it is the general preference that folks would like to have the ability to add custom wallpapers to each SD? To customize the look of, say, the emulators SD versus the homebrew SD?

[quote name='pedator' date='08 October 2009 - 06:44 PM'
Sure you can. ^_^
[/quote]

Awesome

Senor Quack said:
laharl said:

So it is the general preference that folks would like to have the ability to add custom wallpapers to each SD? To customize the look of, say, the emulators SD versus the homebrew SD?
I think he just means, the ability to select a wallpaper from SD when you go into Settings -> Wallpaper. At the moment it only reads the wallpaper directories on the NAND.

Yes, i meant what Gruso said

Senor Quack said:

i didn't thought about that, but now that you say it, it's also a good idea :D
It should make a copy in the nand so it will load the wallpaper even without SD card, or make it load the skin's default one in case it doesn't find the file (aka no sd)

Hi guys,

I'll try to add some other icons and section gfx to my Open2X install (from the liquido icons pack, nothing from me).
Since SD over USB doesn't work I think that I should do a fresh install with icons and gfx added to the file.
Do you think that this could bring me some issue?

Why I can't change icons sections on my open2x firmware?
I've installed liquido skins and I have 2 sections named games and emulators but I can't change the icons, my open2x fw show olways default icon (folder).
Can someone help me? Is this a known issue of open2x?
Another question, when is planned DR8 version?

paradroid said:
Why I can't change icons sections on my open2x firmware?
I've installed liquido skins and I have 2 sections named games and emulators but I can't change the icons, my open2x fw show olways default icon (folder).
Can someone help me? Is this a known issue of open2x?
Another question, when is planned DR8 version?

Yeah, like Gruso said it is a limitation for now. There is no plan or timeline for DR8. Since I'm pretty much the only person working on it anymore it is whenever I get the urge and right now I'm not very productive. I leave for a 6 month trip in April so if it does get released it won't be during that time. Maybe before? I dunno..

Back