Open2x Dr4

Fantastic news....thank's a lot Senor Quack !!

Last edited by a moderator:
On Saturday, I sent Orkie a preview, DR5. Dunno if he's gotten it yet, but it did have a small bug: I tar'd the o2xfs.tar.gz file incorrectly, using a user different than root, so modules don't load properly. All that is required to fix it is re-archiving it as root:root. Orkie should be able to fix that in a minute or two and have a preview release for all of you to check out. It has all of the aforementioned features working perfectly as far as I know.

The only feature missing is the USB Joystick->GP2X control daemon but I am happy to say it works, I finished up most of it last night. As far as I know, there was never a version of Temper released with USB joypad support. Well, I spent an hour or so last night playing Blazing Lazers and Bonk using one :) It is fully configurable for any joystick. If you have a joystick without enough buttons, you can just assign the most important ones. Doesn't cause any noticable performance hit that I can tell so far. Should be available for a 1.0 release later this month.

Thank you for your great job Senor Quack.
I'm waiting for a stable release of open2x fw on my f200(B) :D
Gp2x is still alive.

Hi.

Just installed, looks nice but I encounter one big issue.

On the screen, the image is sometimes shifted :(

During the fisrt launch of File Manager, the popup with "launching file manager" is usually shifted.
When I try to launch CPS2EMU, the games are always shifted
When I launch the game Snowed in 6, the image is always shifted...

Looks like if the frame buffer was shifted...

[attachmentid=363]

[attachmentid=364]

EDIT : Just tried with Compat, it now works fine... However a bit annoying...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Chris

'blinde' said:
Any idea ?

Thanks

Chris
Is this old DR4 release from last year or the newer DR5 release (that I didn't even know was being handed out)

It looks like the 4 registers of the MMSP2 relating to the start and end of the framebuffer are being left unset or incorrectly set. I fixed a bug related to this in SDL recently so it is important for you to mention what version of Open2X this is.

"Is this old DR4 release from last year or the newer DR5 release (that I didn't even know was being handed out)"

ooh ooh where where? :)

Senor Quack : the DR4. Just installed the whole package furnished at te beginning of the post.

No one in this (long) post seemed to complain about such an issue...

But great news if it is corrected in DR5 !

Chris

I use open2x DR4 on my MKII unit,
I've notice a palette problem with "Wind And Water", it's one of my favorite puzzle game, did anyone notice that too ? and does DR5 will fix that ?

Thanks,

When you first run it, you can choose MK1 or MK2 I believe. I think only the MK1 option works properly on Open2x.

Hi.

Just to know if a 1.0 release is about to come ?

The work done up to now is great and it would be sad not to have such a release !

Thanks

Chris

Back