Latest Experimental Open2x Libpack!

Orkie

Super Duper Mega GP Mania
Website
www.gp2x.dev
I don't really have any applications to test this with right now, but over the last few days I've totally rewritten the scripts that compile the Open2x libraries which resolves a few long standing problems (not the MOD with SDL_mixer problem nickspoon but I am looking into that - I have confirmed it is true ;)), updated most of the libraries to their latest versions and have added a few new ones. Anything included will most likely be included in the Open2x firmware for dynamic linking (to give an idea of how much we're trying to cram in there).

All this stuff should find its way into SVN within the next day or two, so if you prefer to compile your own libraries, it won't be long now :).

To use it, just extract into your toolchain directory (compiled for the gcc 4.1.1 Open2x applications toolchain, but it will probably work on DevkitGP2X and maybe our kernel toolchain). If anybody who tests this could post here with your experiences, it'd be much appreciated!

http://x11.gp2x.de/open2x/libs/libpack-22-...7-orkie.tar.bz2 (15.8MB)

I will give it a go a bit later on and let you know. Spending the day at home as the boiler has gone and am waiting for the repair man, I got a feeling its going to be an expensive day...

update:

I got the following warning which I don't usually get when compiling using DevkitGP2X:

SDL_sysloadso.c:(.text+0xa8): warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

When I ran the game it black screened so looks like its crashing, I don't have a mini usb cable on this PC so I cant telnet to see what the error was but I will try it tonight and update.

Thanks for that. It seems that SDL 1.2.11 (which I included in that pack since it is what is going into the Open2x firmware) is returning NULL pointers when you set up the screen. It seems I have missed out a configure flag, so I'll rebuild it and post an update in a while :).

Guyfawkes said:
I will give it a go a bit later on and let you know. Spending the day at home as the boiler has gone and am waiting for the repair man, I got a feeling its going to be an expensive day...

update:

I got the following warning which I don't usually get when compiling using DevkitGP2X:

SDL_sysloadso.c:(.text+0xa8): warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

When I ran the game it black screened so looks like its crashing, I don't have a mini usb cable on this PC so I cant telnet to see what the error was but I will try it tonight and update.
I had to buy a new steam boiler in 98 it cost $5000 installed. They make you reline the chimney as well which drives it up another $1000. Good luck.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I've rebuilt the lib pack and updated the first post to point to the new one. I've compiled your SDL test app and that runs fine, so I guess everything else should :). I've also made a news post on open2x.org.

Back