Open-source Games That You Like?

Nexuiz is unlikely. It is far too graphically intensive. The most graphically intensive fps we could get on the pandora is probably quake 3 or sauerbraten. However, sauerbraten was expected to have severe problems with larger maps, although it should work fine in any small map games.

Cew27 said:
taken from the open arena website
You can run/play it on processors as slow as a Pentium 90MHz with 32MB of RAM, but it is recommended for at least a PII 233MHz processor, with at least 96MB of RAM, for any playability. This game is MORE DETAILED than that other one.
I was talking about Nexuiz…

Last edited by a moderator:
oh sorry
isnt a p3 single core? so an oced 900mhz arm cortex (dual core i believe?) would effectively 1600mhz, i know it doesnt work like that but meh...

CronoTriggerfan said:
there's been like NO progress made on that thing.
Do you know that?
I mean a lot of the videos of software we've seen seems to come out of nowhere.
Just because someone doesn't provide public updates on progress doesn't mean it isn't happening.

You could very well be right, there may not have been any progress made.
I'm no dev, but I don't think it would be that time consuming to port, there's an ARM version already, and it has moderately low system requirements.

PlopperZ said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
there's been like NO progress made on that thing.
Do you know that?
I mean a lot of the videos of software we've seen seems to come out of nowhere.
Just because someone doesn't provide public updates on progress doesn't mean it isn't happening.

You could very well be right, there may not have been any progress made.
I'm no dev, but I don't think it would be that time consuming to port, there's an ARM version already, and it has moderately low system requirements.

No, you're right, I don't have any official confirmation of the statements, and I really hope you're right in that the progress is just more quiet; Q3 on the go with proper controls was a big factor that made me stick with Pandora even in the face of having the Wiz. :D

First post here, but I have to say if quake 3 gets ported I will absolutely buy a pandora in an instant.

Reason? The mods! :)

And the mod our team was working on a while back ;) ... a little something to show for now:

ShadeTest_ingame2.jpg

http://zeq2.com/site/files/zeq2_looks_awesome_441.jpg

The graphics would have to be scaled down a bit, but this is an example why it would be amazing to mod for :)

So please, somebody start working on porting q3 already :p

I do believe ioUrbanTerror is open source as well.
Would be awesome to see it on :pandora1:

screenshot-urban-terror-1.jpg

MDave said:
First post here, but I have to say if quake 3 gets ported I will absolutely buy a pandora in an instant.

Reason? The mods! :)

And the mod our team was working on a while back ;) ... a little something to show for now:

ShadeTest_ingame2.jpg

The graphics would have to be scaled down a bit, but this is an example why it would be amazing to mod for :)

So please, somebody start working on porting q3 already :p
Is this pic from a Q3 Mod? :blink: Wow, cell-shading-beauty! :D I've never heard of "ZEQ2" but years ago I enjoyed "bid for power" of course with the original Dragonball (Z, GT) Characters, great Mod!
I had forgotten that we also can play Q3 Mods onto the Pandora, if Q3 will be ported, very interesting.
Has "Quake Fortress" good Bots now? ^_^

I used to be part of the Bid For Power community, but because a few of us were frustrated with no more updates to BFP, we started our own mod which is now technically and gameplay superior ;). I won't stray off-topic talking about it anymore though :p

Alien Vs Predator would be awesome to see on the Pandora! Loved all the abilites you could do with the predator, and how scary it was to play as the marine back when it came out. Good times. Havn't seen anybody do anything with the released source though, makes me wonder why.

lordsawar (homepage). I was actually surprised at how much polished is version 1.2. You can actually play it and get the feeling of good old times.

screenshot3.png

(this is screenshot of older version, 1.2 looks better, but I'm too lazy to make a screenshot of it)

Back