Open Consoles and Android Consoles Timeline

BAFelton

Website
www.open-consoles.com
Hi there,

Here's a timeline of the main Open Consoles and Android Consoles released since 2001 : http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/193121/Open-and-Android-Consoles-TimeLine#vars!date=2001-11-23_00:00:00!

English is not our native language so please forgive the mistakes and don't hesitate to help us for better translations or texts.

Maybe we missed some other consoles, if so please comment.

You don't like 2D ? You can have it in 3D too :)

2013-12-06_215510.png 2013-12-06_215518.png2013-12-06_215454.png

Kool, not even looked at it all yet but have to say it's real nice looking, especially in 3D :)

Just to point a couple minor things out;

For the GP2X - F100 [10th Nov 2005]

You've mentioned the company as 'GamePark' [no space]

Where on the other GPH consoles you've mentioned the company as 'Game Park' [with space]

So just a little consistency change there you may wish to correct.

Also, the description text is all white for the most part, but on the first few [the early GPH consoles] the text is grey... Again a little constancy issue. Personally I think the grey looks better than the white :)

Really nice and informative though, good stuff

For the Game Gadget [blaze]

I think a little grammar should be changed to past-tense here;

However, its release has had been catastrophic.

In fact, the servers never worked, the procedure to unlock the console was buggy. There have been many claims and the official website has was closed a few months after the launch of the console.
I'm not the greatest when it comes to grammar myself and English is my first [only] language, but I think that should be as shown above :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats because the GP32 was gamepark and the GP2X was gamepark holdings.  I dont think the wiz was both.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GamePark_Holdings

Changes:

"new version called the "F200" was released October 30, 2007 and features a touchscreen, among other changes."

Should be "amongst", no?

"The Dingoo A320 is a gaming handheld that supports music and video playback and open game development."

Drop the first and and replace with comma.

Why is the Gemeï A330 on there, what does it run?

"It is easily identifiable with its very close design (very very :) ) of the PSP, but much smaller."

could be

Albeit smaller, easily identifiable by the design elements it took on from the PSP.

"The G18 was the first console dedicated to gaming by running Android"

--- on an android base.

DINGOO A320E

", in fact there are no really difference. It has a large screen and a hardware like the A380."

there is no real difference

"JDX -S601"

with a net vantage to JXD for now.

net advantage?

YINLIPS G16

It does nothing more compared to the G18 except its smaller size.

Except provide it in a smaller package

Rebirth.

Image of silver gray, but these were originally black.  Should say why it failed and who.

JXD S5510

It is also the first console to use Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Android.

At the time?

We go to a screen size of 5 'and a much finer resolution 800 * 480.

Bumping the screen size to and providing a higher resolution?  If resolution is finer then ppi should increase.

QWARE - Gametablet

One of the first 'tablet'

should be plural, tablets. or "gaming-tablets"

And then it really took off, can i sign up and do changes directly?

GCW Zero

First sold as pre-orders in May 2012, these Special Editions consoles (SE) were to be shipped a few months later. But it took almost a year before every pre-orderers got their device.
or, could word it as;

First sold as pre-orders in May 2012, these Special Editions consoles (SE) were to be shipped a few months later. But it took almost a year before every all pre-orderers got their device.

Nice work!

Why is the many devices labeled as "GNU/Linux based" but the Pandora is labeled "Linux (Angstrom)"? Angstrom is a GNU/Linux distro too. Android uses the Linux kernel, so it's more informative to talk about Android and GNU/Linux if you want to distinguish the two.

Thats because the GP32 was gamepark and the GP2X was gamepark holdings.

Ah ok, I see now.

Gamepark Holdings was founded by former employees of Game Park.

[...and they dropped the 'space' eh :) ]

I still dont have my gwc-zero from the kickstarter. But im not upset, all the best to the project. Said the last euro orders is shipping now.

Back