Ooops

sparkymark79

Word of warning when screwing your pandora back together. Don't screw the screws too far!!!! Thankfully it doesn't look too bad, you could almost pretend those bumps are supposed to be there. Think I'll leave it as it is, save having to buy a new case and taking it all apart again!

0oPo0.jpg

sorry for size!

I think, if I remember correctly, that it is also a case of "Make sure to remember which screws go in which holes". The rear screws are a small, but significant, amount shorter.

Yeah there's also the possibility I put the wrong length screws in the wrong holes. dastardly screws!

I though ED said that the screws were all the same length..

I though ED said that the screws were all the same length..

Three different sizes. This is why we also say to screw very softly and as soon as you feel resistance STOP.

(More tea vicar?).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a little off topic, but what size are the screws on the Pandora? The 3 different sizes (screen, and two different back types.)

I can put this info in the wiki so when people put them back together they have a reference.

Tiny ones are optional on the LCD (they don't do anything) (4)

Mid sized ones in the battery compartment. (2) - these are the ones than can go right though if you get it wrong.

Large ones on the outer edges. (3)

Tiny ones are optional on the LCD (they don't do anything) (4)

Mid sized ones in the battery compartment. (2) - these are the ones than can go right though if you get it wrong.

Large ones on the outer edges. (3)

I was hoping to get the actual sizes, ex: M2x2mm M2x5mm. Would be nice if we had to order new screws if someone lost/stripped one. :p

I was hoping to get the actual sizes, ex: M2x2mm M2x5mm. Would be nice if we had to order new screws if someone lost/stripped one. :p
No M threads. If OP got it right, those are probably dedicated thermoplastic screws that are somewhere between very hard and impossible to get in small quantities anyway.

I got mine back from repairs at ED and one screw got drilled through like this, so this seems to happen to the best. It never bothered me though :)

My Pandora has a golden cone headed wood screw in the middle LID position. :D Maybe they had run our of the correct screw type when assembling. ^^

The Pandora Case Plastic also is pretty low quality imho because the screws destroy easily their holes, when I was forced to open the Pandora (carefuly of course) many of the screw holes were already broken and the plastic pieces lay all inside the Case.

Another point for improvements for Pandora 2 imho.

Back