Online Rpg For Pandora

paddy

Website
Visit site
Hello ...

Im looking for anyone interested in working with me to create a Pandora specific
online rpg in the same style as phantasy star online ,fully playable on and offline
with as much depth as possible in a full 3d enviroment.

Currently i am looking for anyone who might be interested in bringing anything to
the project in terms of audio ,artwork ,quest scripting,or even web design and
web moderating.You dont need to be great at anything in particular,you might
be good at writing story boards for characters,simple artwork or just have some
cool ideas you want to put forward to add to the project.

A project of this magnitude will take a long time before it sees the actual
pandora but i need committed members that are into doing something worthwhile
and adding to such a project without actuly seeing their work in its place
untill late 2009.

please PM me if you are interested in contributing to Project.

Paddy

ps,mods - sorry if this should be in the developers corner.

I don't know how people are going to take such a proposal, but my guess would be "skeptical that it hits the light of day". Rest assured, I'm writing the network code. ;)

Maybe not specifically for your game, but hey. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
3 mmorpgs are in development. for one console. that hasn't been released yet.

do you know many how many gamedev.net threads about making an MMORPG have produced results?
they always end one of a few ways:
1. they were full of shit to begin with and fail
2. they didnt have the manpower or dedication and fail
3. they never admit their mistake and development goes on standstill without cancellation
4. they use a prebuilt engine

qwerty15 said:
FTW :lol:

i shouldnt have said engine. i should have said 'creation tool' which invariably result in generic and shitty games. realmcrafter, playerworlds, the likes

Blizzard should make an ARM port for WoW. ;)

Then the game should be as playable as on an Eee-PC.

PoisonedV said:
qwerty15 said:
FTW :lol:

i shouldnt have said engine. i should have said 'creation tool' which invariably result in generic and shitty games. realmcrafter, playerworlds, the likes

I actually enjoyed messing around with both of those. Though, I'll admit they were far from professional.

If there is a serious project about, I'm fairly good at all forms of design as well as writing. I can design pretty much anything in terms of game mechanics. I designed my own RPG battle system a long time ago and I don't think I've ever had more fun programming in my life. It wasn't very complex but I didn't have the programming ability to do much more at the time. As far as the writing, give me a setting and some ideas of what the game will be like and I can come up with a decent story and some quests.

i can produce music for you. It will be in interesting project indeed. I was thinking something simillar to the music in quake3 and also wip3out. Pm me and i will be happy to send you some of my tracks i have done.

Why doesnt someone port a game like PlaneShift instead of starting from scratch?

PoisonedV said:
3 mmorpgs are in development. for one console. that hasn't been released yet.

do you know many how many gamedev.net threads about making an MMORPG have produced results?
they always end one of a few ways:
1. they were full of shit to begin with and fail
2. they didnt have the manpower or dedication and fail
3. they never admit their mistake and development goes on standstill without cancellation
Amusingly, despite working on one of those three mentioned, I kind of have to share the skepticism. MMOs are big and complex, even incredibly simple ones. Recreating a PSO like game is a monumental task for any indie developer, just the 3D engine would be tons of work.

Personally I'm going for something incredibly simple and I still doubt I will get anywhere close to the finish line.

Hope you get somewhere with it though, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.

I would be interested in making 3d models for this project as long as I get some reference / concept images. I've been working with 3d studio MAX for 5+ years. Will contributers be compensated for their work , because I've got alot of work on my hands?

Have you got an idea or pitch?
Wanting to 'make an mmo' is fine, but if you want to make something good then you will HAVE to get a fantastic idea first.

Once you have an idea and have it available to read on the web, then start trying to find a team.
It's like with writing a game, if you jump straight in and try and program it while you are still decideding on how the game will work, you will reach a point where you want a feature that can't be implemented easily due to your previous design choices.

I didnt want this post to be long and drawn out ,for anyone interested
could you PM me and we can take it from there ,i dont want to say much
about the project on the gp32x forums.

Theres a plan for this project that is in finalizing stages but it will
continue to evolve,theres much work to be done and the engine will
be writen exclusively for the pandora,i will be building the game
with the possiblilty of help,means i can have a team of up to 3 people
building the game world but enough of this for now.

Back