Online Game Database for the Pandora

What is the point?

We already have the wiki pages for games, emulators and software. Aside from this, there is the repo and several other sources. The last thing we need is another place to check and update.

[edit]Oh, wait. I remember. This is related to this discussion. Hmm. I'm still skeptical, but best of luck with it.

[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one, if it is being kept up-to-date. But I think more information is needed for this to be really usefull: clock-speed, rom version, other settings used in the emulator, maybe even upload config files if available. How about an option that anyone can edit those, and you'll end up with a very usefull database on how to make your favorite game run on the Pandora (or what games just don't run).

Good one, if it is being kept up-to-date. But I think more information is needed for this to be really usefull: clock-speed, rom version, other settings used in the emulator, maybe even upload config files if available. How about an option that anyone can edit those, and you'll end up with a very usefull database on how to make your favorite game run on the Pandora (or what games just don't run).

Thanks for the feedback

I'll look if I can implement your recommendations . It's an early draft but sill took me a lot of time to got it working .

Just added the possibility to upload a config file, and a CPU value ( I set the default value to 600)

Righteous effort, I will do what I can to assist on the DOS games front (config settings), for those games lacking equal or superior alternatives on other systems.

its a very nice looking start however at one point in time before my laptop harddrive decided to fail i had close to every rom for for every emulator for the panda and that folder had 16,000 files in it so to make a comprehensive list is going to be a great task ahead, however i do supose most obvous thing like the nes,snes etc doesnt need to be done,

its a very nice looking start however at one point in time before my laptop harddrive decided to fail i had close to every rom for for every emulator for the panda and that folder had 16,000 files in it so to make a comprehensive list is going to be a great task ahead, however i do supose most obvous thing like the nes,snes etc doesnt need to be done,

True.

The cool thing with a database is that its possible to bulk import a complete spreadsheet, as long as the column match.Therefore, its should not be that hard to populate it.

Also, even thought the Pandora can emulate more that 16,000 games (wow..), we just need the one we play most and/or need need extra settings to play well.

thats cool about the posibility of bulk imports and i kinda got the point about this being intended for played most games but had already wrote most of that post already so just posted it anyway. I've been working late shifts all week but, i work during the day too so my minds turns to mush towards the end of the week

Righteous effort, I will do what I can to assist on the DOS games front (config settings), for those games lacking equal or superior alternatives on other systems.
Great! Exactly what I was hoping for, since currently the wiki just points to the official DosBox compartibility list, which is just ridiculous. I will help out as well (as soon as I have my Pandora)!

very nice idea. I like it

I have a little idea for adjustment:

Screens added shoud be always re-stretched to fix for example to res: 320x200

I'm not sure if wee need such a site but OK, maybe it will be useful somehow. In Case of a ROM you should add a Info of which Version of the ROM works with the Emulator, NeoGeo Emulation for example is pretty sensitive in this aspect.

Caine, I just added to possibility to update the entries. (let's trust the community :)

I also added the the "added time" to reflect any update .

I've just added Mega Man 7, Mega Man: The Power Battle, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Rockman & Forte, and Mega Man Battle & Chase. :p

EDIT: I just noticed an incorrectly-named entry for "Megaman 8". It has less info than the one I added.

Back