Idea for Pandora program - or is one already in development?

ben_monk

Still Fresh
Maybe this could be added to emulators- a lobby that scans roms on SD cards so people can play internet multiplayer?

Or a online lobby for other Pandora games, that could have compatibiltiy with all games that would want it. So every game could be included, and when someone starts the program they could be offered to play a certain rom/ homebrew game.

Just an idea, a VERY complex one, but if someone could consider making a program like this is would make Pandora that much more special.

Otherwise, their must be an open sourse version of something like this that could be ported?

ben_monk said:
Maybe this could be added to emulators- a lobby that scans roms on SD cards so people can play internet multiplayer?

Or a online lobby for other Pandora games, that could have compatibiltiy with all games that would want it. So every game could be included, and when someone starts the program they could be offered to play a certain rom/ homebrew game.

Just an idea, a VERY complex one, but if someone could consider making a program like this is would make Pandora that much more special.

Otherwise, their must be an open sourse version of something like this that could be ported?

mmm to much users to actually handle requests, would be better if there was a friends list in which only friends could ask invitations to play games,

is this what you mean, well something similar to it

emcp said:
ben_monk said:

mmm to much users to actually handle requests, would be better if there was a friends list in which only friends could ask invitations to play games,

is this what you mean, well something similar to it

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Sort of like Steam, I suppose.

ben_monk wants Xbox live on his pandora basically...

Nah, to give the pandora another boast... you could link to a IRC server with only other connect pandora's could go, this will get things hot!

Then expand from there...

failedartifact said:

Nah, to give the pandora another boast... you could link to a IRC server with only other connect pandora's could go, this will get things hot!

That would be great! Pretty much every Pandora owner would have to know about it... If everyone was allways signed in, while playing games/music etc., when they quit they would be able to check messages from other Pandora owners- game requests etc.

A streamlined, simple, email type system as well?

If we could port Xbox Live to the Pandora i'd be left out, as I am one of the few that doesn't own an Xbox 360.

UPDATE: Crono, thanks! I had no idea that was being made. Let's hope it's out at launch!

ben_monk said:
failedartifact said:

That would be great! Pretty much every Pandora owner would have to know about it... If everyone was allways signed in, while playing games/music etc., when they quit they would be able to check messages from other Pandora owners- game requests etc.

A streamlined, simple, email type system as well?

If we could port Xbox Live to the Pandora i'd be left out, as I am one of the few that doesn't own an Xbox 360.

UPDATE: Crono, thanks! I had no idea that was being made. Let's hope it's out at launch!

same here, ps guy

anyway a friends list like the psn but with improvements simplier navigation in-game, able to give nick names to friends, custom avatars, appear offline etc

although i doubt it will happen in-game and the start anyway, but people can dream

id like those features added to TINXL, the renaming, and custom avaters etc, probably already implemented though

Nintendo WiFi Came first!

make a system for say... N64 is pj64 gets ported, then you can use ITS in-built system to send data over a server.
Mabe a special Pandora IRC server with bits for Data and bits for talking.

GGPO would be awesome (automatic internet multiplayer for supported ROMs), but is Windows-only at present. (It runs under Wine, but that doesn't help us much.) The developer might be willing to consider doing a port, but somehow I doubt it.

Back