One week to go... and so much work to do (2012-02-10)

ED Way down the line in the future when things become more stable, any chance people can go on a factory tour and see pandoras being produced? I would love to make a trip up to see this in action and have a beer but im sure your time is extremly limited currently. I'm decent with a soldering gun and would be willing to take a train up to visit you guys if you need some more help next weekend (I'm busy this one) just PM me it would be my pleasure to meet you and help out.

Thanks! Help is always welcome, so whenever you find the time and mood to help out, feel free to contact me :)

A factory tour might be possible at one time, I need to check that out ;)

Great update on things! :)

I just wish BR customs would not charge me 200% in taxes for getting one :( .

Maybe in a while I get a chance to do MA in Europe and can get my own Pandora from ED´s hands? (I wish I wish, genius from the bottle, let that happen... ^_^ )

Sure, you can grab one directly from my place :)

Great news. I already said this in another thread (I think over a half year ago). I am a student from Bavaria and I have semester break until mid. March. So If you need any help I could take the Train to Igolstadt and help. I know how to solder and assembling a case should also be possible.

You're welcome as well :)

There's a youth hostel where you can stay.

Okay, some additional news:

The bare PCBs haven't been finished today (they ran into one minor issue), it will take them two more workdays (way better than two more months ;) ), so they'll ship on Wednesday 15th.

Once the PCBs arrive (should be Friday 17th), production can start one or two days later.

We have some holidays here (Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st), so I'm guessing Wednesday 22nd or Thursday 23rd will be production time.

GC volunteered to do some additional hours in the nighttime to catch up with that.

This also gives us more time to pre-assemble the full cases we've got here, which saves us about 8 minutes per Pandora built when the production starts.

So production will start a few days later, but thanks to the fact that this gives us time to pre-assemble more units, we'll easily catch up with that :)

I still plan to start shipping on 23rd or 24th.

Another one of those weeks where we all worry about ED overdoing it and having a heart attack ;) His girlfriend must be quite a gem to manage his hours, and keep him alive :)

Kudos to Link am L-S; this is how our community rolls :)

jeff

..right on target.. steady.. steady...

*fires donut gun!*

jeff

(Boston Cream woudl be the ideal donut gun ammunition. I think I must be hungry :)

applause.gif

I applaud you Link, and Linux-SWAT, and of course, Evil Dragon. Your efforts will never be forgotten.

I wish there was a way I could jump the pond, but I'm tied with my education, for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good news. When should we start expecting emails for the rest of our pre-order payment (for those with the $10 reservation cost)?

It's really happening isn't it, I can't wait, in fact I'm going to find the best deals on a couple of sd cards over the weekend. Top marks ED and all at the OP team.

Very good news. When should we start expecting emails for the rest of our pre-order payment (for those with the $10 reservation cost)?

Just working on a confirmation email with more instructions.

You should hopefully get it within the next hours (coding the system myself right now :D )

Great news, ED! I can't wait to get my Pandora and start tinkering with it. Would it be unreasonable to expect mine before the end of March? I'm a classic preorder from batch 2, about 500 up the queue.

I'm just crawling out of the woodwork to express my thanks to ED and everyone else for working so hard to make this possible. I'm a March 2009 pre-order and long-time daily forum lurker. I love this project and what it represents, and I still look forward to getting my unit when it's ready.

The Pandora is a chance to for me become more familiar with Linux and to develop some programming skills. I can't contribute much in the way of software, but I can help with any documentation needs.

Thanks again, Pandora Team, and best wishes for a bright future!

I'm just crawling out of the woodwork to express my thanks to ED and everyone else for working so hard to make this possible. I'm a March 2009 pre-order and long-time daily forum lurker. I love this project and what it represents, and I still look forward to getting my unit when it's ready.

The Pandora is a chance to for me become more familiar with Linux and to develop some programming skills. I can't contribute much in the way of software, but I can help with any documentation needs.

Thanks again, Pandora Team, and best wishes for a bright future!

I'd consider getting VirtualBox and installing Linux on that if you're interested in messing around with it. I wouldn't really use the OP as a way to learn how to use linux.

I'd consider getting VirtualBox and installing Linux on that if you're interested in messing around with it. I wouldn't really use the OP as a way to learn how to use linux.

Thanks! I think I meant it more as 'familiarity with Linux because I will be carrying the Pandora around with me everywhere' but I can get a jump on it with VirtualBox.

Gotta say, when I received the confirmation email I almost creamed my pants... OP production is going to coincide with my tax return this year which means there will be no delay in getting the full payment off to you (work has slowed down a lot lately and I was worried I wouldn't have the hours worked to be able to pay for it which thankfully is not the case :D )

It's been a long, hard road, but the end is in sight! Full speed ahead, damn the torpedos!

Back