One video per day - Discussions

Hi I would like to see a Video about Movie Players doesn't matter if VLC or mplayer.

But i already spotted the VLC link in the Apps-Vid.

I know how they work, but I would like to see what's possible to encode and what not.

Like does DivX run smoothly, does FLV run in acceptable frame rate and so on..

cheers.

And happy Christmas everyone...

Can't wait for my pandora to arrive ..

So is GemRB soon? I don't know how well it runs if not well then you can skip it but the one video per day is up to 28 and I thought that GemRB was one that was going to be first.

Anyway don't take this negatively, I love watching these videos and wouldn't care if you did GemRB or not I'd still enjoy them! Thanx ED!

I’ve been enjoying Evil Dragon’s video per day posts. In his day 28 he showed the emulation of some Atari VCS2600 games. I was wondering if anyone else has played the Fairchild Channel F? I got one for Christmas in 1976 I was 16. My favorite was Cat and Mouse. I would delight in avoiding the cat in a complex maze, pretty nice AI for it’s time. I think I have every game because the cassettes got really cheap as Fairchild quit the video game business. The console lasted several years until one of the controllers stopped working. I ought to get it fixed.

One Video per day up on youtube about NES. Thank you, I was waiting for that! Get some rest, feel better, and enjoy your holidays!

My day just isn't complete if it doesn't end with a daily Pandora video. Great selection of NES games ED, brings back some good memories.

Sorry to hear about the follow-up-flu. Get well soon.

Loved the NES video. It would be nice to see a DoxBox video sometime soon.

I have both Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages. I got them when I got my GBA but COULD NOT SEE THE FREAKING SCREEN! Anyway, I gave up on GBA until the SP came out and then couldn't find them again. I found them a few years ago an low and behold the DS can't play GBC games and I couldn't find my SP! Now I have my SP and can't find those games again! I need to get rid of stuff.

Anyway, I have yet to play them, it will be a blast to play them on the Pandora. I even have the official Nintendo Power guide for them so it will be all heart containers for me! And my guide is on my shelf BTW. Now I don't have my Pandora, dang it, IT NEVER ENDS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of the videos, I have seen the X-stylus, and I was wondering whether I could just use the DS stylus with the Pandora? Does it fit the holder?
it does, but it's a little smaller. It holds fairly well, but there isn't the same audible "click" and definitive hold upon insertion like there is for the official stylus.

I doubt it, otherwise this would've been a standard black stylus, not a white (prototype) one. The pandora is physically a little larger than the DS, so it would make sense to make the stylus larger as well - stylus size is generally governed by the dimensions of the box it fits into when not in use.

Edit: What Stan said

In one of the videos, I have seen the X-stylus, and I was wondering whether I could just use the DS stylus with the Pandora? Does it fit the holder?
If you have an extendable DS Lite stylus (namely, one of these), then yes, it does fit in the Pandora's stylus-holder and it will stay put. You need to have it extended before you put it in, so that you can make the end sit flush with the casing, otherwise it's a bit tricky to remove it next time.

I can confirm this because this is what I use with mine. :)

WARNING: Do NOT use DSi styli. They're bigger than DS Lite styli, so they will not fit and they will get stuck.

im curious about more wiz and gp2x homebrew, i was never part of the scene but im hoping theres more games for them, also more dosbox or scummvm is always a good thing too :D

So is GemRB soon? I don't know how well it runs if not well then you can skip it but the one video per day is up to 28 and I thought that GemRB was one that was going to be first.

Trying to get this running, bought BG2 complete from GOG.com but have some issues. Probably need to copy the datafiles correctly.

Can we see some use of the USB OTG?

Edit: oops, should post in the recomendations thread.

Trying to get this running, bought BG2 complete from GOG.com but have some issues. Probably need to copy the datafiles correctly.
Huh, odd, did you try it through Gemrb installed on a PC also? I have all the Infinity Engine games that I don't already own saved on gog.com and am waiting for sales. Now I don't know if I want to buy those from them if they will not work with GemRB.

So will the videos resume Monday? I haven't posted anything since I knew it was Christmas and New Years week and ED was sick but I'm wondering if they'll become normal again.

If they do one thing they calm everyone down. I don't know if it is because I have gotten in pointless debates with people on here the last few days but when the one video per day was going on people seemed happier.

Good idea. But such a video should highlight the differences between the two, not just showcase more games.

If possible practical, a side by side comparison would be awesome.

EDIT: I meant practical.

Back