One video per day - Discussions

What emulator is he using? gpsp over ginge? I ask because I tried to run sword of mana and it didn't work on gpsp (one version crashed on the character selection, another couldn't even load) on visualboyadvance it ran but too slow. I'm even sure I searched on the forums and read that the game simply doesen't work on gpsp, I'm mistaken?

By the way thanks for the video ED, gba works great on the pandora, I was able to finish metroid fusion and golden sun when I had it.

What emulator is he using? gpsp over ginge? I ask because I tried to run sword of mana and it didn't work on gpsp (one version crashed on the character selection, another couldn't even load) on visualboyadvance it ran but too slow. I'm even sure I searched on the forums and read that the game simply doesen't work on gpsp, I'm mistaken?

That's the one thing I don't like about these daily videos. It would be great if he told us where each of the emulators/games/apps he demonstrates can be found online.

That's the one thing I don't like about these daily videos. It would be great if he told us where each of the emulators/games/apps he demonstrates can be found online.

It was most likely just the VisualBoyAdvanced in the appstore..

appstore

there are two golden sun games on gba, the 2nd is rumored to be slow and crashy

i guess we stopped the one day emulation, one day app/tutorial thing we had going....

ED's just got the lurgy, so vids are temporarily suspended, unless one turns up tonight. The MSX one from yesterday is up on youtube but not linked from the vids thread, but I wouldn't expect one today necessarily.

Get well soon ED! And remember--the whole "massive doses of Vitamin C help / prevent colds" thing has been thoroughly debunked. But orange juice is still nice.

When you return, how about the Atari 800? Some game suggestions:

• Star Raiders
  • Shamus
  • Ballblazer
  • Rescue On Fractalus
  • Boulder Dash
  • Necromancer
  • M.U.L.E.
  • Mountain King

Or, if you demo the Atari ST:

• Star Raiders
  • Time Bandits
  • Dungeon Master
  • Another World
  • Starglider
  • Elite

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read in the Filearchiv, that Gpsp need zipped Roms, so is this true?, (then i must make mey roms zipped..)

And how many MHZ have you needed to play this GBA games so good?

EDIT: Nice Videos EvilDragon,

But you have the cold, so dont make some Videos until you are allrigt..

I have read in the Filearchiv, that Gpsp need zipped Roms, so is this true?, (then i must make mey roms zipped..)

And how many MHZ have you needed to play this GBA games so good?

EDIT: Nice Videos EvilDragon,

But you have the cold, so dont make some Videos until you are allrigt..

In theory yes but some people have found it ran with unzipped roms and HackModFord found he needed to re-zip his roms from within the Pandora OS in order for them to work. So I wouldnt go to great lengths before your Pandora arrives, as it could be any of the three will work for you.

ED probably meant GpSP unless he is testing some unknown beta?

edit : to reply

http://pandorapress.net/software-index/

Obviously the required bios files for some emulators and the roms/game files themselves if you aren't ripping or dumping your own collection, cannot be linked for copyright reasons, but that page kindly kept up to date by a community member is the best resource for the spread out downloads and their relevant discussions.

I've jumped in right at the end of this thread to ask my question. So please accept my apologies if this has already been asked or has been addressed elsewhere.

ED.

I would love to watch more of these videos, but I live in South Africa and don't have a very cost effective data plan available to me at this time.

Would you consider putting the entire repository of Pandora videos (and possibly pictures or other goodies) onto a DVD and selling them?

I don't know if I'm the only one who would be keen to purchase this DVD, but it could be a way to make some extra $$ for the project with relatively little effort or financial outlay on your part.

Would anyone else be interested if such a DVD were available?

there might be somebody thats vaulting all the official videos of the pandora, if i was i would have no problem putting them onto the dvd and shipping it to you at the cost of shipping

there might be somebody thats vaulting all the official videos of the pandora, if i was i would have no problem putting them onto the dvd and shipping it to you at the cost of shipping

That would be much appreciated if you were, and I would be most grateful if there was someone vaulting the videos who was kind enough to send it to me...

... But if ED wants to do it and charge a bit more, I'd rather go that route as it means more $$ for the project. ;)

I would like to see a video of pandora linked to another pandora with Visualboy advance running the same game in two player mode. Thats how I will be using my Pandy with my son... I think (becuase he is 8 and cannot apreciate a portable that cost as much as a ps3 for gameboy SP games) I am going to get him a dingoo or wiz so we can connect and play games on the go. Or EvilDragon, if you could link pandoras (via hardline or bluetooth) and simply look at a chess game or something that would be equally great.

Good to see you're feeling better ED. Another great video today, I too would love to see a Payback style game for the Pandora!

Back