One video per day - Discussions

Please somebody port this to Pandora Please somebody port this to Pandora

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
That. Is. SICK!!!! WANTWaNTWANT!

I've mustered up the money to buy a Pandora at long last; I'm going to be ordering very soon. By the time I get mine I hope this is this better be done!

Blender is seriously something I want to apply myself to..

Yes, that was exactly the problem. I didn't have much time and didn't use them really at all, just looked up a bit what they are.

I'll try to cover some more deeply with later videos, this is just meant to be a quick overview.
Thanks, the new video is much nicer. :)

P.S. There's been some discussion about how Pencil would benefit from making use of those 16 levels of pressure sensitivity that the Pandora touchscreen is supposed to have. Do you know anything about the status of that? Is that pressure sensitivity actually accessible by programs?

Last edited by a moderator:
The repo exists and is working (if you put that into the OPKG config files):

http://www.openpandora.org/feeds/

It's been there for a long while (August, AFAIR).

However, it's only the repo for stock OS things. If you have the community codec pack installed, you'd have to reinstall it each time you updated as OPKG removes those packages when updating as they don't exist in the repo here.

I don't know how to setup the server to spit out different repos (i.e. restricted one you manually need to accept on the unit). Some people offered help, but that didn't happen sadly.

That's the only thing left before you can do an easy and proper OS update.

Thanks for clearing that up ED.. I was going on old (pre-August) info...

Alright, someone needs to make the EvilDragon comic/flash animation now:

1121579016_Gg2Rb-S.jpg

Pandorinating the country side, Pandorinating the peasents. ED!

(I'll just go over there now.)

Great video about TV-OUT !!

I'm very excited how cool looks my KETM version (Thanks to Sebt3 :) )

Thanks ED .

I'm surprised no one has told ED what mind maps are yet :) (at least I didn't see it at glance). Mind maps are a tool to structure your thoughts about something. You start with a central topic, say pandora, and then write up things that pop into your mind, like "openpandora", "gaming" and "mobile" and connect those with lines to the central subject. Then you add depth by adding what those things make you think of and connect them to other concepts they are connected to. This way you get a map that shows what you think of when you think of a certain subject.

A mind map can be a nice tool when writing about something. You first structure everything you know about the subject with a mind map, and then mold that into a working structure for your text.

EDIT: a bit better explanation

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon,

I appreciate the video for the TV-Out. Would it be possible to demonstrate a multiple player (Player 2) capability for some of the games and emulators, fighters, mario cart, etc? I think that would have gone well with the TV-Out aspect.

2 nice videos there ED thank you.

Something i would mention though is that in your prior TV out video, in which you used the retrode, you filmed the tv from a distance, as you did at the start of this one. This makes more sense to me, as once you zoom in, you may aswell be filming the Pandora screen as it looks the same, whereas it was obvious at the start of the video that the Pandora output to the TV was nice and sharp behind you. As already mentioned you could then also show the pandora screen at the same time.

is there going to be any way of putting media on an external screen with separate information on the pandora screen. i was imagining a playlist or volume controls, or something along those lines. the screen would have whatever media you want to put on it like a video or pictures or a game. would be crazy to dj a live game of super mario brothers :p

just ideas :D

is there going to be any way of putting media on an external screen with separate information on the pandora screen. i was imagining a playlist or volume controls, or something along those lines. the screen would have whatever media you want to put on it like a video or pictures or a game. would be crazy to dj a live game of super mario brothers :p

just ideas :D

It's possible but not yet implemented. TV Out currently is only cloning. Hasn't gotten much love yet as there are no TV Out cables out there yet.

It's possible but not yet implemented. TV Out currently is only cloning. Hasn't gotten much love yet as there are no TV Out cables out there yet.

Really? Non-cloning dual screen with the Pandora would be a very interesting feature! Is this possibility official, or speculated? It would certainly be awesome!!

Really? Non-cloning dual screen with the Pandora would be a very interesting feature! Is this possibility official, or speculated? It would certainly be awesome!!

The TV Out acts as a second monitor - so with just some quick config files, you could basically use it for anything.

todays wideo is up for anyone that cares, its still not posted in the vid-a-day thread

Today's video is up on YouTube under username evildragon1717. It's another great video on GBA emulation. Thanks again ED! Keep up the good work, and hang in there!

Back