One Mix 2

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
One Mix have launched the One Mix 2 and 2S.

This is a 7" WIN 10 UMPC which has 8GB RAM and 256SSD storage - same size as the Pocket 2 roughly. It also has a 360 hinge so it can be used as a tablet with stylus support.

The One Mix 2 has the M3-7Y30 SOC and is up for pre-order at $630
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/One...top-Intel-Core-M3-Touch-ID-Silver-405728.html

The One Mix 2S has a M3-8100Y SOC and is also up for Pre-order for $720
https://www.geekbuying.com/item/One...-Laptop-M3-8100Y-8GB-256GB-Silver-406886.html

I think there will also be a black Special edition version

2018101601119311qf1dgky.jpg

One-Netbook-One-Mix-2-Yoga-Pocket-Laptop-Intel-Core-M3-Touch-ID-Silver-20181023095833167.jpg

7" yoga book, heck yeah

but:
Stylus doesn't slot in, bad for such a portable device.
What is that pointer? Looks similar to what blackberries used to have, not a proper trackpoint?

7" yoga book, heck yeah

but:
What is that pointer? Looks similar to what blackberries used to have, not a proper trackpoint?

Same optical/IR mouse sensor as on the GPD Pocket 2

@SONY I think the M3-8100Y model would be. though it would have less battery life than the WIN2

Oh, nice! If it had LTE, I'd be seriously considering it. I'm just assuming it supports Linux, I can't imagine they'd lock it down to Win 10 only. It even has enough keys to fit my keyboard layout! (So does the Pyra, but not the GPD or Psion devices…)

Ah ok, I see. What's the GPU inside? Intel HD?

Also, is it active cooling inside?

Yeah it has active cooling and a button to turn the fan off if you want to. The M3-8100Y is basically the same chip as the M3-7Y30 except it has higher clock speeds on the CPU side. Has the same GPU ie 615 graphics

Person A: "Hey, let's steal other people's design"
Person B: "Yes, let's do it. and improve it"
Person A: "Ok, then we do improve the hinge. But to make people notice that we stole the idea we need to copy that awful keyboard layout of their first model."
Person B: "..."

7" yoga book, heck yeah

but:

It doesn't come with a stylus, as far as I read the OP. It merely supports them if you choose to buy one yourself, otherwise you can still poke at it somewhat erraticly with your finger.

I think that pointing device on the keyboard is probably an optical sensor; the same sort of thing as I've seen on other portable devices recently released. I suppose it could be made to work as a nipple, in that if you move to the right and then hold it, it continues moving right until you lift, but it wouldn't provide the springy resistance a real one would, so it might be hard to use like that. As is I think you're meant to keep stroking and lifting to move across an entire screen's real estate, like you do with a touchpad.

Do you know if the keyboard is deactivated when in "tablet-mode" ? Or you can still press the keys while trying to thumb touching ?

It doesn't come with a stylus, as far as I read the OP. It merely supports them if you choose to buy one yourself, otherwise you can still poke at it somewhat erraticly with your finger.

I think that pointing device on the keyboard is probably an optical sensor; the same sort of thing as I've seen on other portable devices recently released. I suppose it could be made to work as a nipple, in that if you move to the right and then hold it, it continues moving right until you lift, but it wouldn't provide the springy resistance a real one would, so it might be hard to use like that. As is I think you're meant to keep stroking and lifting to move across an entire screen's real estate, like you do with a touchpad.

Actually they do sell it with or without a stylus. It costs $10-$15 more with stylus

I think you're meant to keep stroking and lifting to move across an entire screen's real estate, like you do with a touchpad.
I've used one of those on a blackberry, but always preferred the little trackballs. You can't beat haptic feedback.

Back