GK802 - Quad Core PC Stick for $99 delivered

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Well ... It's affordable . If you have a hd tv but no computer then there's not much of a reason not to buy this .

Pretty amazing.

Here's a $199 kickstart I'm interested in. http://www.parallella.org/2012/09/27/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone/

I think I swore 2 days ago to never get involved in a startup, pre order situation again. This one looks like it has a lot of potential.

Once the Parallella project is fully funded, Adapteva will also take the bold step of releasing its existing software development tools, drivers and libraries under a true open source license and will publish the Epiphany chip architecture reference manuals and datasheets publicly. Board design files and board support packages for the Parallella computer will be delivered to the public in open source format and available for everyone to use free of charge and without restrictions

Pretty amazing.

Here's a $199 kickstart I'm interested in. http://www.parallella.org/2012/09/27/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone/

I think I swore 2 days ago to never get involved in a startup, pre order situation again. This one looks like it has a lot of potential.

Once the Parallella project is fully funded, Adapteva will also take the bold step of releasing its existing software development tools, drivers and libraries under a true open source license and will publish the Epiphany chip architecture reference manuals and datasheets publicly. Board design files and board support packages for the Parallella computer will be delivered to the public in open source format and available for everyone to use free of charge and without restrictions
No offense , but if this is only your seventh post you don't happen to be a bot ?

Pretty amazing.

No offense , but if this is only your seventh post you don't happen to be a bot ?

You are right. The language used in the post is......fishy. Reminds me of how those live-chat tech support people from India type. Everything must be perfect and complete.

I'm sorry it just seems to much like an advertisement .

Don't think so, look at this way , Marycontrary was talking about the Parallela KS that she/he musn't have realised had already passed. If this was an Ad , it was to nothing, as the KS had ended ages ago.

I'm sorry it just seems to much like an advertisement .

If you did the bare minimum of extra investigation by reading her(his?) other posts you'd quickly see that she(he?) isn't a bot. The bulk of the post was most likely copy/pasted. Marycontrary probably only saw the article and not the actual KS and therefore didn't realize it was already funded.

vcoleiro, ...quickly becoming my man in the know when it comes to Android HDMI-Sticks :)

This is worth me upgrading to right, part with my iMito MX1 and get this GK802?

vcoleiro, ...quickly becoming my man in the know when it comes to Android HDMI-Sticks :)

This is worth me upgrading to right, part with my iMito MX1 and get this GK802?

Hard to say yet, it's a bit early days with this one. I'm sure it will go through it's iterations of firmware etc to iron out early issues. Also, seeing as you have only had the Mx1 for what a week?, you probably should play with it a bit before off loading it. It's (mx1) still a decent stick and a lot cheaper than the $100 this is priced at. You never know, in4deals , dx etc might put the GK802 on sale as they do with these things over time.

To me $100 is expensive for a PC stick, I know it sounds crazy to say that. But in these days at $100 , it's in the same price segment as the Ouya or even the Apple TV (for those just after a tv box).

Yeah, the sensible side of my brain says you are correct :)

I will "stick" with the MX1 ...excuse the pun!

I'll keep my eye on this.

I would've sold the MX1 to a mate for few quid toward the GK802, but I will wait, I don't need it as you say, the MX1 is still a new device to

Will keep my eye out for vids of this on YT though over the holidays, see how it's looking.

The MX1 is getting great firmware/custom ROM support at this point too, so I would definitely stick with it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="vcoleiro" data-cid="208279" data-time="1355980546"><p>

Don't think so, look at this way , <span style='color: #282828'><span style='font-family: arial, verdana, tahom, sans-serif'><span style='background-color: rgb(250, 250, 255)'>Marycontrary was talking about the Parallela KS that she/he musn't have realised had already passed. If this was an Ad , it was to nothing, as the KS had ended ages ago.</span></span></span></p></blockquote>

How come SHE hasn't replied yet then ?

You mean someone isn't paying close attention to these boards? How suspicious. Must be a bot. Did you read Marycontrary's old posts yet? If not then stop arguing with me.

The benchmarks I'm seeing for this GK802 are very disappointing. The rk3066 based sticks beat it comprehensively .

Not sure if this is due to firmware, but for now I'd steer clear of this one unless you are after linux

Back