Ommpc

sebt3 said:
Promised Planet said:
OK. Tried the MAME4all ini file, and it would just go back to the PickleLauncher menu. Maybe something freaky about MAME4all. Is there any way to just go back to the Caanoo menu?
The app need to not use the sound device. I'm pretty sure no emulator will work (as they all use sound) but fbreader should work like any games without sound and music.

As said, the caanoo menu crash immediately if mpd is playing. You definatly dont want to face a black screen ;)

sebt3;

I was able to get my hands on a Wiz, and found that I was able to play a song in the background with Ommpc while playing MAME4all. Just curious, why is this not possible with the Caanoo ... something to do with the hardware, or is the software port?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Promised Planet said:
I was able to get my hands on a Wiz, and found that I was able to play a song in the background with Ommpc while playing MAME4all. Just curious, why is this not possible with the Caanoo ... something to do with the hardware, or is the software port?
did mame4all on the wiz also produced sound while ommpc was running ? If so it might be an hardware feature that the caanoo cannot access (doubtfull) or something I did wrong with mpd when building/configuring.
If not, then it's because the mame4all port on wiz disable ssound if it dont have acces to the sound device while the caanoo port just crash.

sebt3 said:
Promised Planet said:
did mame4all on the wiz also produced sound while ommpc was running ? If so it might be an hardware feature that the caanoo cannot access (doubtfull) or something I did wrong with mpd when building/configuring.
If not, then it's because the mame4all port on wiz disable ssound if it dont have acces to the sound device while the caanoo port just crash.

No, Mame4All did not produce sound.

Thanks for your reply.

Back