Old Scene Demos

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
So is anyone else planning on loading their Pandora up with old c64 and Miggy scene demos or any other retro demos for that matter?

I loved the stuff people managed to do back then (and even today) with limited hardware. Can't wait to have a pocketful of nostalgic demos B)

Yes that is on my to do list too armed with Amiga forever and C64 forever it should be a great trip back in time when drawing a 3D box and doughnut was really quite challenging.

For me my happiest times were on the the C64, Spectrum and Amiga (and of course samcoupe (someone please port simcoupe to pandora if you haven't already). Hopefully lots of people will re discover these machines through the pandora.

C64 should work fine from the beginning, as VICE already runs fullspeed and that's the most compatible emulator :D

As for a FULL UAE... someone should start porting it soon :)

skeezix said:
I'll be carrying a big stack of ST scene demos; that was _my scene_ damnit :)

jeff

Why doesn't that surprise me Jeff ;)

I owned an ST for a time but in the end I sold it as I preferred my Amiga but the ST was a pretty capable machine. And I had great fun with mates playing Populous over serial link between the Amiga and the ST.

----

On a slightly off topic note does anyone remember the excellent Kefrens Desert Dreams Amiga Demo? What if I was to tell you there was a complete c64 remake that is almost like for like!

Youtube Part one here

Youtube Part two here

Amazing for a computer built in 1982!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
How about some pandora scene demo's :)

Good idea. I had a few GP32 demos that really showed what the device could do. Unfortunately my coding skills peaked at Blitz Basic on the Amiga about 15 years ago LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back