New/old

superhyper

Still Fresh
Hi Folks,

I've been out of the scene for a while (OK, a loooong while). I had a GP32 back in the day and loved it to death, but this weekend the old girl finally ran out of life on me. I ordered a Caannoo (should arrive today), but I haven't kept up with the scene at all since the GP32 days. Is there anything especially new and wonderful I should check out on the Caanoo? Just based on a cursory overview of the forums and news I can tell the homebrew scene is as vibrant as always, but I'm curious if there are any big projects or interesting commercial releases that people are looking forward to. I guess what I'm asking is, if you were more or less completely new to the scene what would you want to do first?

Well, i'm not sure. Myself i code more then i play, so i'd say the awesomeness is in the analogue stick and g-sensor :)

But there is a lot of hype about Ginge. So you can play all the old games from GP2x aswell. And Jump to the Moon is quite nice. ([shameless ad]and warehouse panic [/shameless ad] ;)

Welcome back!

/Uni

u9i said:
Well, i'm not sure. Myself i code more then i play, so i'd say the awesomeness is in the analogue stick and g-sensor :)

But there is a lot of hype about Ginge. So you can play all the old games from GP2x aswell. And Jump to the Moon is quite nice. ([shameless ad]and warehouse panic [/shameless ad] ;)

Welcome back!

/Uni

Haha, well I'll check out both Jump to the Moon and warehouse panic right away! As soon as I get PC manager setup anyway, I see gamepark is still using the same terrible macrovision software from the old days...

Update!: Warehouse panic is great! It's already eaten a half hour of my time sitting in a doctor's waiting room today, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Furthermore you really should try Ginge. Most of the awesome GP2X (and Wiz) Games work. But there is nothing like that for the GP32. Notaz said the hardware is too different.
If you like old shooters you can try GPH Quake. It is a modified version of Pickles GLquake by Rikku2000 with good caanoo support.

There is also a nice project in development: Origami Golf. Thread is somewhere here at the caanoo board.

Have a nice time with your new caanoo :)

Back