Ok So I Bought A 4gb... Guess What?

Troy the Great

Still Fresh
I try to format my 4gb card and it says it can only register 955mb of it, so it will only format 1gb for me. I bought the
"A-DATA Turbo 4GB Secure Digital (SD) Flash Media Model Turbo SD 150X 4G" card. I am trying to format through the USB., because I can currently not get a card reader. Is there a solution to my problem? Thank you so much.

If the card is formatted in FAT, then you'll only be able to read the first GB. Format it in FAT32 or, failing that, Quick Format it in FAT32.

If the card is formatted in FAT, then you'll only be able to read the first GB. Format it in FAT32 or, failing that, Quick Format it in FAT32,
I guess that won't work since I'm having the same problem.

Try getting a decent cardreader at your next store and try if that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway I can format my 4gb through USB and get my full 4gigs?

This is a common problem with SD cards. It isn't exclusive to the GP2X. Many readers just don't support 4 gig. My friend bought a new laptop and when he tried to put in a 2 gig card it only came up as 1 gig. I bought the same 4 gig card as you and when I tried it on a computer at work it didn't recognize the card at all. Worked fine on the GP2X though.

I would just say get a cheap reader that supports 4 gig. Just test it first or make sure you can exchange it if it doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had exactly the same problem, with a Transcend 4gB. I bought a Sandisk card reader, and everything is working fine now.

i got the same 4gb card as you troy
i bought one of them card readers in the best deal topics, from that america store, cost me like $3 and mine formats to 4gb fine
no problems yet

Back